Singing the praises of nexxus and some questions

asha

Well ladies...all the talk about nexxus products made me want to go out and try it. My sister has some nexxus products and I used them last night on my hair...oh my golly gee whizzikers!!!! My hair this morning is looking good and feeling even better. I am 4 months post relaxer so this is a miricle to me.

I first washed with my herbal essences clarifying shampoo (my sister does not have the nexxus clarify ..but I want to get it), then I put on emergencee and left it in with no heat for half an hour. I then rinsed it out and shampood with therappe. I conditioned with humectress and also used it as a leave in. I let my hair drip dry..the new growth was feeling so nice with the humectress in it that I could not keep my fingers out of it. The relaxed part was feeling like butter..so smooth. When my hair was 80 percent dry I put some wild growth on the ends and some vitatress on my temples (trying to see if I can get more growth happening in that area). I then wrapped my hair and this morning it felt so good. It only feels this good after a relaxer. I think I am going to invest in some nexxus.

Can someone tell me if you have used both Therappe and botanoil can you tell me which is better for 4a/b hair or which one your hair prefers. I used therappe because my sister has it and I loved it but I read that a lot of you use botanoil.

Next I want to try the keraphix that you all rave about. Two more questions...does nexxus have a leave in other than headress (I tried headress and it just doesn't work for me..I need a spray leave in.

And where does an acidifying conditioner like ensure fit into a wash routine?

Thanks

Cowgirl

Welcome to the Nexxus bandwagon. I haven't used the Botanoil yet but I think Candy and a few others have. The Keraphix is great when you don't need to pull out the big guns (Emergencee). I feel the same about Headress. For the price I was not impressed as I was with the other Nexxus products. So what I have been using as a leave in is diluted Humectress/NTM Silk Touch & coconut oil mixed in a spray bottle. Works good for me. HTH. I'm sure the other Nexxus fanatics will be along in a minute.

bajanplums1

I have tried the Therappe and the Botanoil. The Botanoil is my fav. I felt that the Therappe was too light. The Botanoil has essential fatty acids as well as oils and my hair takes to that. Congrats!!

VelvetRain

Botanoil did nothing for me. I did not like the consistency. I prefer therapee. It just seems a lot richer to me. The only way your going to know what works is to try both.

candibaby

Like Cowgirl said, welcome to the Nexxus Bandwagon!

I've used both Therappe and Botanoil, my hair prefers Therappe, I only use Botanoil before I use Emergencee, but then again my hair is not 4b. My mom is a 4b and she prefers Botanoil, I think you should get the small sizes to figure out which one you like better.

Nexxus does have other leave-ins besides Headress, there's one in the Phyto Organics line called Luxxtress, it's a spray, but I've never used it before. They have another one in the Retexxtur line but it's for curls.

I use Ensure, here's how I do it on a regular wash day: Wash with Therappe, condition w/ humectress/keraphix for 20 minutes with heat, then apply Ensure for 3 minutes, rinse with cool water. I think Ensure is what makes my hair so shiny.

bajanplums1

i agree with candibaby. I think it depends on your hair type. I have 4a/4b and botanoil worked great but therappe was fruitless.

phynestone

I haven't used the Therappe too long to see how well my hair is reacting to it, but so far, so good. I wasn't impressed with the Headdress as well. I felt as if using it, along w/ the Therappe and the Humectress was too much. My hair prefers spray-leave-ins.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I love Therappe, I have a liter of Botanoil right now. But it's not at all as moisturizing as Therrape to me. It's nice, but Therrape leaves my hair feeling much more moisturized when I rinse. Now when all of my conditioning is done, it all feels the same.

I use Humctress and Lacio Lacio as leave-ins. I used to use Botanic Oil as well, but now I just use castor oil and avocado oil. Cheaper and works well for my hair.

asha

Thanks for the responses ladies, I can't wait to get my hands on that Keraphix!!! I have to wait till my next payday.

lunalight7

I use Botanoil and it acts almost like a clarifier on my hair. Feels clean though (Thanx Lindy!). I absolutely LOVE Humectress, Keraphix and Ensure. Use Ensure after deep conditioning for silky detangled hair. Headdress is good but it is a bit dulling to the hair so mix it w/ oil or oil and distilled water if you like watery spray leave-ins.

Tene

I love Nexxus products, I use Therappe, Botanoil, Keraphix, and Humectress. I like Therappe better than Botanoil, my hair is more moisturized with it.

webby

Think Slim
Welcome to the Nexxus Lover's Group /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use humectress as a leave in and LOVE it, but it's not a spray. I need creams for my hair.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I might have to try this Ensure. Ever tried it Webby?
**after just vowing to stay consistent w/my current product line-up. /images/graemlins/nono.gif I'mma stop coming here, I swear!!

DahomeyAhosi

I tried emergencee for the first time this afternoon after shampooing with Nutrine garlic conditioner. It was the first protein/reconstructor that did not cause monstrous tangles (I've tried 5 in 1 and drc 28) so I'm certainly happy about that. I followed up with dabur vatika oil and ao gpb. My hair was so soft I couldn't believe it. I noticed some breakage but not much. I'll see this week how effective it proves.

SouthernGirl

I just tried Keraphix for the time (had never tried any other Nexxus products) and loved it so much that I decided to buy Botanoil and Humectress. I read that book by Shamboosie and thought I'd try it b/c my hair seems really dry lately. I may be on protein overload- not sure. Anyway, I hope it works for mositure. I've been using Suave for so long, but I don't know whether to attribute it to dryness, but it doesn't make my hair feel quite as supple anymore. I think I may have gotten used to it so a switch might be in order.
SG