The First Woman to Break A Generational Curse?

Blessed_Angel

And she's got some really cute outfits... where do you shop for her? Just asking.. for further reference I guess. :look:

The first dress I bought at Century 21 here in NYC (for like $16), the second one was from Old Navy, the third one is a Guess top that I bought at Century 21 ($13). And the pink dress, I think I got that at S&D Kids in Brooklyn (but they may be all over, I doubt it though, I haven't seen it anywhere else). Not sure of the price though. And the belt came with a black and white polk a dot shirt, and I just put it on with the dress.

This girl has more clothes than I do. And I often go to Macy's' clearance section to see what I can find for $5 to $10. They usually have really cute stuff. But Century's is a big and popular store in New York, and I go crazy at their clearance sales (that reminds me they might have one going on now, so I'm gonna check this week). I bought her leggings for $0.39 a few months ago! And I also check ebay for deals too, if they have something really cute and different. But I don't usually find anything. But I keep trying.

kblc06

This is my baby girl and me with her in the bottom one.

Ohhh I'm genuinely happy for you and your familly. I know first hand how a mother's unconditional love can shape you-it is something that I thank God everyday for (having a parent who is a mother, best friend, and confidant :yep:)

Blessed_Angel

Ohhh I'm genuinely happy for you and your familly. I know first hand how a mother's unconditional love can shape you-it is something that I thank God everyday for (having a parent who is a mother, best friend, and confidant :yep:)

Wow, you are truly blessed. I can only imagine how wonderful you feel inside...how good it must feel to know that the person that brought you into this world, thinks the world of you. If I could buy a good mother (and father as well), I would...but since I can't, I'll just be one! :yep: And I thank God that my mother isn't worse than she already is.

kblc06

Wow, you are truly blessed. I can only imagine how wonderful you feel inside...how good it must feel to know that the person that brought you into this world, thinks the world of you. If I could buy a good mother (and father as well), I would...but since I can't, I'll just be one! :yep: And I thank God that my mother isn't worse than she already is.

And she seems so truly happy to have you :grin:. I can recount times that all me and my mother had was each other & our faith that God will- fortunately we have come a LOOOOONNNNGGG ways and can look back and laugh :lachen:

Blessed_Angel

And she seems so truly happy to have you :grin:. I can recount times that all me and my mother had was each other & our faith that God will- fortunately we have come a LOOOOONNNNGGG ways and can look back and laugh :lachen:

You two overcame your obstacles, and that is a blessing when you can now laugh; and not cry...lol

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
My family has serious substance abuse issues. My grandmother took us to bars with her as kids and was known for being kind of wild. Two of my mother's brothers are former drug addicts and one of them is currently a violent alcoholic. One of her sisters has recently died of alcohol poisoning, and another is close to doing the same. My mother herself has her own alcohol problems.

But this is what the Lord has done:

I came to know the Lord independently when I was about 14. He has truly redeemed me from all the inner and outer demons that plagued me even at that age. Then, a few years later, my aunt became a Christian as well and has raised a lovely, healthy family. Then, my sister became a Christian too. And as much as has been in me, I have taught my kid brother (he's still a child) to believe in the Lord as well...and from the things that come out of his mouth, I know that the Spirit speaks to him.

I praise the Lord for this. There is such a clear difference in this new generation, and I believe that we are the remnant for our family. I believe the Lord has judged us for our sin, but He has also left a remnant and is allowing His redemption to be known in our family. I pray that obedience to Christ would spread more and more in my family members.

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

I did not notice this post until today. I am so happy Blessed that you over came the genera.curse. B/c so many families never come out. God is so Good He changes all things and situations.

Blessed_Angel

My family has serious substance abuse issues. My grandmother took us to bars with her as kids and was known for being kind of wild. Two of my mother's brothers are former drug addicts and one of them is currently a violent alcoholic. One of her sisters has recently died of alcohol poisoning, and another is close to doing the same. My mother herself has her own alcohol problems.

But this is what the Lord has done:

I came to know the Lord independently when I was about 14. He has truly redeemed me from all the inner and outer demons that plagued me even at that age. Then, a few years later, my aunt became a Christian as well and has raised a lovely, healthy family. Then, my sister became a Christian too. And as much as has been in me, I have taught my kid brother (he's still a child) to believe in the Lord as well...and from the things that come out of his mouth, I know that the Spirit speaks to him.

I praise the Lord for this. There is such a clear difference in this new generation, and I believe that we are the remnant for our family. I believe the Lord has judged us for our sin, but He has also left a remnant and is allowing His redemption to be known in our family. I pray that obedience to Christ would spread more and more in my family members.

Hey, NK, I can't believe I haven't visited this thread in so long.

It's a pleasure to have read your story and rejoice with you in your victory!! You have overcome the stronghold of the past. Thank God for Him for bringing your family on your wonderful spiritual journey.

What is your relationship like with your mother now? Has she been inspired to turn her life around as well?

I did not notice this post until today. I am so happy Blessed that you over came the genera.curse. B/c so many families never come out. God is so Good He changes all things and situations.

Thank you HF. Yes, God is so good and merciful. I am true testament of that. I am glad that it's over. But sadly a year later, she still hasn't changed or become much better.

I have been meditating on whether or not I will completely remove her from my life for good. I don't know what to do. A part of me really wants to. A friend of mine says that I should have disowned her years ago (she did worse things than I could bear to discuss). I agree; yet disagree. I'll have to pray on this. I know what is best because she still continues to hurt me. That is why it's so hard to move on and just forget about it.

I will continue to pray on it. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. How much more do I have to suffer?

dreamlovermd

Hey, NK, I can't believe I haven't visited this thread in so long.

It's a pleasure to have read your story and rejoice with you in your victory!! You have overcome the stronghold of the past. Thank God for Him for bringing your family on your wonderful spiritual journey.

What is your relationship like with your mother now? Has she been inspired to turn her life around as well?

Thank you HF. Yes, God is so good and merciful. I am true testament of that. I am glad that it's over. But sadly a year later, she still hasn't changed or become much better.

I have been meditating on whether or not I will completely remove her from my life for good. I don't know what to do. A part of me really wants to. A friend of mine says that I should have disowned her years ago (she did worse things than I could bear to discuss). I agree; yet disagree. I'll have to pray on this. I know what is best because she still continues to hurt me. That is why it's so hard to move on and just forget about it.

I will continue to pray on it. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. How much more do I have to suffer?

I am so happy that you did not follow down the women in your family foot steps. I will pray for you in regards to your mother. Do you speak to your grandmother? Did you have a close loving relationship with your grandmother? They say a grandparent loves their grandchild more then their own children.
Maybe your mother is jealous that you did not follow her, and she wished she was as strong as you to overcome what her mother put her through. That is the reason why she calls you for advice and comfort. Your that blessing she was secretly praying for, that angel in disguise, that peace that she finds in life. You are her strength and that jealousy that she has towards you, makes her say things that offends you. She doesn't know how to express her gratitude towards you because you two never had a close relationship.

Pray about it and God will help you with your emotions towards her, and will help her change her ways.

My mother and I do not have a close relationship; we never did. Looking back on my life, I remembering hearing smart comments my mother would make to me about my weight. My mother prefered boys and my brothers were always the favorite. My mother and I were like fire and ice, so I secluded myself in my room. I was the type of child that always knew what I wanted and I think, me never having to ask her for help in anything bothered her. She would always look for things to pick on me about, especially my clothes.
I am the first person in my father's side, and the first grandchild in my mother's side to finish college. I told myself as a child, I never wanted to be like my mother. I made sure I avoided anything that would make me like my mother. 98% of the women in my family, married early and had kids. I never wanted to be that way and I made sure I wasn't. I was abstinent all through high school and college. My biggest fear was being like my mother (she was a good mother) but, I just could not, would not cope with the idea of me being like my mom.

God is GREAT

Last edited:

paradise79

First, your daughter is such a doll...and by the way her eyes are shinning on pics, she is probably the most happiest.
Congratulation for breaking the generational curse of your family. You did it!!!! I don't know about it but it's surey not easy and you've gone through it. Today you love your DD and you show her what a mum should be.

Just my 2 cents if I may permit, concerning your mum. Just move on, give that issue to the Lord. Pray for her and ask the Lord to set your spirit and your mind free. I can imagine it's very hard otherwise you would already been done with this concern. But keep trying....handle it to Jesus, tell Him that you don't know how to deal with it, which way to go and give it to Him. Let Him handle the case. And He will.

God Bless you and your family.

Last edited:

~*Tigget*~

Awww thanks for sharing OP. We all have our stories, some bad some good. I can relate to the estranged relationship you have w/ ur mother. I don't have a good one w/ my mother. But for some reason it keeps coming back up to encourage a better relationship with her....hmmm God heals all things.

I keep my distance for sanity purposes. Altho I have allowed things to resurface in front of my kids, so now they have somewhat ill feelings at times. They haven't said so, but I see it in their actions. It was then that I realized I may have this issue w/ her, but its not fair that my kids have been lured into it. She treats them well, and it wasn't that she treated me so mean. But as a mother I didn't feel or have the protection or security a child should have or even love sometimes. But I have dealt with those issues and am now in process of healing.

crlsweetie912

Most families have them.

Examples:

all the women in a family tend to have children out of wedlock
all the women in a family tend to sleep with married men
sexual abuse
cussing
most people in the family tend to be negative
the family loves to keep up confussion
unhealthy competition between children in a family
all the men in the family cheat, beat their wives
My family falls into a couple of those categories...:nono:
Thanks Blessed for sharing your awesome testimony!

Misseyl

Thanks for sharing.. That's why when some people do things to family/friends/strangers and claim that it's because of the way they were treated as youngsters, I say poppycock, because like you, some people try to rise above whatever adversaries they encountered in life and spin it into something positive.

Blessed_Angel

I am so happy that you did not follow down the women in your family foot steps. I will pray for you in regards to your mother. Do you speak to your grandmother? Did you have a close loving relationship with your grandmother? They say a grandparent loves their grandchild more then their own children.
Maybe your mother is jealous that you did not follow her, and she wished she was as strong as you to overcome what her mother put her through. That is the reason why she calls you for advice and comfort. Your that blessing she was secretly praying for, that angel in disguise, that peace that she finds in life. You are her strength and that jealousy that she has towards you, makes her say things that offends you. She doesn't know how to express her gratitude towards you because you two never had a close relationship.

Pray about it and God will help you with your emotions towards her, and will help her change her ways.

My mother and I do not have a close relationship; we never did. Looking back on my life, I remembering hearing smart comments my mother would make to me about my weight. My mother prefered boys and my brothers were always the favorite. My mother and I were like fire and ice, so I secluded myself in my room. I was the type of child that always knew what I wanted and I think, me never having to ask her for help in anything bothered her. She would always look for things to pick on me about, especially my clothes.
I am the first person in my father's side, and the first grandchild in my mother's side to finish college. I told myself as a child, I never wanted to be like my mother. I made sure I avoided anything that would make me like my mother. 98% of the women in my family, married early and had kids. I never wanted to be that way and I made sure I wasn't. I was abstinent all through high school and college. My biggest fear was being like my mother (she was a good mother) but, I just could not, would not cope with the idea of me being like my mom.

God is GREAT

First off, thank you for your prayers...they're very much needed.

I never got to know any of my grandmothers. They both passed when I was about 2 years old. I have plenty of aunts, but they weren't around much since my mother didn't want us around; still doesn't.

Yes, you hit it right on the nose; she is jealous because of my strength and the fact that I am different from her. But mainly, she's upset that I am not her expections! She always told me that I was nothing and will always be nothing. And that's what I was supposed to be. And because I proved her wrong over and over again, she can't stand it. It could also be because the way she tried to set me up for failure...failed! She didn't realize that God and I had different plans. She wanted me to think that she had some "power" over my life...but it didn't hold me down the way she planned. She really can't handle it. :nono:

Congratulations on being the first in your family to go to college!! That is something that you should be very proud of.

It sounds like your mother couldn't stand you because what she saw in you was herself...and she probably didn't like herself. It's a shame, because many mothers treat the kids that would love them and treat them so well, like crap. And I bet you would give your mother the world because you love her. I guess that was just her way of loving you. Congrats on becoming a woman who'll love her children the way she wanted to be loved!

God bless you!

First, your daughter is such a doll...and by the way her eyes are shinning on pics, she is probably the most happiest.
Congratulation for breaking the generational curse of your family. You did it!!!! I don't know about it but it's surey not easy and you've gone through it. Today you love your DD and you show her what a mum should be.

Just my 2 cents if I may permit, concerning your mum. Just move on, give that issue to the Lord. Pray for her and ask the Lord to set your spirit and your mind free. I can imagine it's very hard otherwise you would already been done with this concern. But keep trying....handle it to Jesus, tell Him that you don't know how to deal with it, which way to go and give it to Him. Let Him handle the case. And He will.

God Bless you and your family.

Thank you so much! :grin: Yes, my dd means the world to me.

Thanks for your great advice. I've decided to do just that! Just this week I've realized that I can't take this anymore.

My problem is not just what she did in the past; but what she continues to do. How do you heal from a pain that just keeps on coming? :wallbash: That's like being run over by a truck. You heal in the hospital for a week, and when you get out you get hit again. You just can't heal. But I have decided that I am done holding on to the past pain. I've decided to forgive her; only because I know that it will free me! Now, I'll have to learn how to forgive...but I already feel better about the whole situation. But I don't think I could do this and have her a part of my life. :nono:

May God bless you and yours as well. :yep:

A.Marie

Yep, I'm late and just reading your post. Thank you for sharing such a powerful testimony! I enjoyed your story and hope and pray your mom comes to her senses and be a part of you and your daughter's life.

Blessed_Angel

Awww thanks for sharing OP. We all have our stories, some bad some good. I can relate to the estranged relationship you have w/ ur mother. I don't have a good one w/ my mother. But for some reason it keeps coming back up to encourage a better relationship with her....hmmm God heals all things.

I keep my distance for sanity purposes. Altho I have allowed things to resurface in front of my kids, so now they have somewhat ill feelings at times. They haven't said so, but I see it in their actions. It was then that I realized I may have this issue w/ her, but its not fair that my kids have been lured into it. She treats them well, and it wasn't that she treated me so mean. But as a mother I didn't feel or have the protection or security a child should have or even love sometimes. But I have dealt with those issues and am now in process of healing.

Hi, Tigget, congratulations on realizing the pain you have and was subconsciously inflicting onto your children. It's not too late to make it right.

Your mother may not be perfect; but it sounds like she loves you. If you have the chance to have a better relationship with your mother, then, please do it! Life is short, you never know when she will no longer be here. If she can bring joy and happiness to your life (or rather more love than hurting), than by all means give her another chance. If I could do the same; trust me I would. I pray that you and your mother can work things out; for your sake and for your children to enjoy their grandmother. They only get one.

I wish you all the best in your journey to healing. It will be a long gritty road; I know, I've been on it for like forever.

Stay blessed! :kiss:

My family falls into a couple of those categories...:nono:
Thanks Blessed for sharing your awesome testimony!

You're very welcome. Thanks for e-listening. :lachen:

Yes, every family has some issue...but it's whether we deal with it or ignore it that makes all the difference.

Thanks for sharing.. That's why when some people do things to family/friends/strangers and claim that it's because of the way they were treated as youngsters, I say poppycock, because like you, some people try to rise above whatever adversaries they encountered in life and spin it into something positive.

You're welcome. And thank you; yes, that's exactly how I see it.

There are many things we go through in life where what the devil meant for bad, but God has used it to bless it. And this is my biggest one.

Btw, I love your word "Poppycock"! :lachen::lachen:

Yep, I'm late and just reading your post. Thank you for sharing such a powerful testimony! I enjoyed your story and hope and pray your mom comes to her senses and be a part of you and your daughter's life.

You're welcome.

Thanks, A.

I've prayed for that for years, and that's one of the few prayers of mine that never came to pass. I've actually given up on it. She's like Pharaoh with such a hard heart that that's gonna take a real miracle. If it happens, that's great, but I don't expect her to change. My mother just turned 71; she's not getting any younger, and she's just as angry and miserable as she's ever been.

All I can do now is focus on forgiving her. So that I can get some peace about all this...and truly be happy with the wonderful life I'm living.

Thank you for your support ladies. May God bless and keep you. :yep: