The Full Armor of GOD

metamorfhosis

MARY CLARK
Marianna, Florida

The Full Armor of God
April 5, 2008
Ephesians 6: 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
I tell you truly, beloved, that the enemy is out to trip you. He wants to see you falter in your walk. He wants to destroy your witness. Speak My words of truth. Look to Me, My word, to protect you from his wiles, and know, beloved that the armor of your God will not fail you. It will protect. It will disarm the enemy and leave him in a place of desolation.
I am your God. I have given you many tools. I want you to use them to your advantage and the enemy’s disadvantage. I don’t want you vulnerable. I want you at ease in the knowledge that you are well-protected by your loving God. Do not despair when you hear his cruel words, his lies of distain.
Do not despair, My little one. Know whom you have served and how He has blessed you with every necessary implement to see your way clear. Know that it is My delight to see you walking free of his taunts, and I have supplied you well for every onslaught you may face, every onslaught that the enemy sends your way in that evil day.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I preached on this subject last Sunday. I broke down each verse and how we are to use them to fight the enemy. As Paul stated this fight isn't against flesh and blood but it is a spritual fight and we must be prepared.

metamorfhosis

LadyR- This was a word from a prophet who I enjoy. Your sermon sounds awesome. You should post some of your messages on the board! :grin:

cutenaynay- GOD bless you too! :wave:

shalom-I was encouraged too. I go out to battle without my armor at times. But I am going to try to remember to put it on.

PoeticJustice-We don't always understand the timing but GOD is always right on time.

kayte-That is amazing! I really needed the prayer:
Lord, I want and need to learn more of Your word, to guard me when battles come. Help me stay accountable to this decision. Help my dull sword become a sharp one, so I can have confidence in the words I speak. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

star-Amen!

PinkPebbles-welcome!

plainj-GOD is always right on time isn't HE?

Last edited:

kayte

As I opened this window to read about the armor of God,I simultaneously opened another devotion on my browser
(title unseen) and it opened to this..posting as a prayer agreement and "more ammuniton"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What Do I Need with the Armor of God?
Sword of the Spirit

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)
What was God thinking? He wants us to put on armor and carry a weapon. (Ephesians 6:17) Am I really living in a war zone, with opposition lurking about? Shouldn't the fact that I am a Christian be enough? I've professed my faith in God the Father and in His son Jesus Christ. I have asked forgiveness for my sins, I strive daily to live according to His word, and place my hope in His promises. Surely that is all I need to get by in this life. That keeps me busy, as it is. Besides, I know God will come to my rescue; I am His child, after all.
While all the above statements are true, it's not an accurate portrayal of a believer's responsibilities. Ugh. The "r" word responsibility. I already have enough responsibility trying to make a difference, and to be a good example. I do not think I could find the time or the energy to handle more duties. Beside, God, will anyone really notice if I don't have the armor of God on?
The sword of the spirit is not a literal sword, but rather is the Bible. It isn't enough to have the tangible book in our possession; we have to be familiar with what is inside the book. For the times when Satan attacks, make it a two-sided fight, by saying a particular Scripture verse. Here are a few that we can say, when difficult times loom in.
Philippians 3:15: I forget the past and look forward to what lies ahead.
Psalm 18:17: Thank You, Lord for delivering me from the strong enemy.
Jeremiah 4:14: I will not allow wrong thoughts to live within my mind.
According to Matthew 19:29, I have the Lord of Lords and King of Kings on my side.
2 Corinthians 3:17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Lord, I want and need to learn more of Your word, to guard me when battles come. Help me stay accountable to this decision. Help my dull sword become a sharp one, so I can have confidence in the words I speak. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.