YvetteWithJoy

On break
I want to improve the way I detangle, I always get frustrated mid way no matter how much I prepare myself. Those little rips and tears add up over a course of a year. And learning how to trim my own hair would mean my bail money can be used for better, natural hair products.

Bail money?!??

I need to improve on the speed of how long it takes for me to detangle, shampoo, and dc.
I want to learn how to flattwist, braid, and stretch my hair.
I love the idea of doing my own personal trims.
Oh and rollersets, flexirod sets, blowing out my hair,
The whole nine yards!!!

Regarding detangling:

There's a thread where people are sharing recent detangling knowledge: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/detangling-updated-collective-wisdom-as-of-2016.796885/.

And if you search the forum, there are several more threads about detangling.

Aggie

Marking my spot - because blow drying, flat ironing and twist outs are skills I want to master on my own hair. Stylists have been damaging my hair because they don't want to slow down and take the time to handle my hair the way I would - I hate that!

So I want to take matters into my own hands and learn to take care of my own hair. I also want to try wearing my hair straight without heat, especially using rollersets. I have no idea how to do this so I have to learn. Trimming my own hair will have to wait a loooong while :lol:.