The Heat from Blowouts....

LisaLis330

Hello LHCF Ladies,

For those of you who get or have had a dominican blowout, or who blow dry and/or hot comb/press....what do you use to protect your hair from the heat? :perplexed

Thanks!

Hello LHCF Ladies,

For those of you who get or have had a dominican blowout, or who blow dry and/or hot comb/press....what do you use to protect your hair from the heat? :perplexed

Thanks!

God, I should be ashamed of myself, but when my hair was long, I didn't use protectants for a blow out. But I would only have them blow my roots when stretching.

I stopped going to their salons :look: I do remember them using a heat protectant (BTZ) but I guess it really just depends on the salon. You could always bring your own products and ask them to use them on your hair though.

:nono: I've never seen a Dominican salon use heat protectant whether they were just blowing the roots or blowing it all out. I never thought about it at the time, but that can't be good, especially if you're going on a regular basis.

Hello LHCF Ladies,

Thanks!

Prayer! :lachen: J/K...

My Dom. stylist doesn't use anything extra to protect my hair from heat. However, I'm considering buying Aveda Brilliant Damage Control Spray, and taking it to the salon with me.

The stylist used Ion Heat Protectant from Sally's to protect my hair. I learned about that product from the board a few years ago and I'm glad to see she uses it. It's great!

Thank you ALL for replying with your insight! I haven't gone to a DOM salon yet, but I think when I do, I'll make sure to be armed w/some protectant for my hair!

:drunk:

Back