The lacefront wig is a great protective style.

godsflowerrr

The lacefront wig step by step instructions.

Hey ladies! FYI, there are some videos on youtube that shows the step by step process of the lacefront wig application and removal. now that the fall and winter months are coming up, i think that i will try this style for a few months as a protective style. a while back I ordered a lacefront directly from china. i measured my head and sent him my exact measurements but when i got the wig, it was still too small for my big head...lol:p i was gonna return it but i liked the quality of the remy hair so much i kept it and wore it as a fall. it was under 200.00 which was cheap for a lacefront. i had to cut and style it myself. i'm thinking about ordering another from another vendor. anyone want to participate in a "lacefront protective style" challenge?:) come on ladies it would be fun!!!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVv0AfJQzQU&NR (application of wig)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5tjFzsFPYY&NR (application pt.2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHOPcpabOog&NR (removal of wig)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ6Z6JtQL-8&mode=related&search= (removing glue from wig)

Last edited:

secretdiamond

Re: The lacefront wig step by step instructions.

I was just thinking about this! I was thinking about it for my sister. She wants to grow her hair out, but her hair is too short for buns, etc. Her hair can't take braids, it's so fine that it falls right out. So i'm figuring this would be perfect for her to get her over shoulder length!

tenderheaded

I don't know the difference between a lacefront and a regular wig. but I've owned short wigs for at least 10-15 yrs. They have helped me look professional when I couldn't afford a bad hair day:)

Wigs helped me grow my hair out after a stylist caused it to all fall out. EspeciallyYours.com has a good selection and they arrive quick!!!

atlien11

I just got an email from a lacefront vendor (china) who is selling her units for $160. Thats very cheap and i am a little skeptical about the quality. On the other hand, there is a another girl from China who has offered to do them for $200. She has sent pics as well...if anyone wants to use them as vendors or see her pictures let me know. FYI, i have purchased from niether vendor...i probably will very soon though.

AtlantaJJ

I have a huge question about lace fronts. I love to run and workout, will the sweat just make the hair slip out?

I am going to post another thread to find out good protective styles since my hair needs time to be pampered and grow since I kept it in brades for so long.

Great thead!

Janet in Atlanta

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Thanks for posting this. I have been thinking about getting a lace front for a good minute but I have always been confused about the application and take down process.

I'm debating getting the $219 model from hisandher.com and taking it to a stylist to cut for me.

atlien11

I just put some pictures in my album that were sent to me from the vendor in China, for those who PM'd me :p

bellezanegra826

I am definately in! I have been wearing my lf since May. I had a good amount of growth until I made the mistake of going to a scissor happy stylist. At any rate now that I have gotten the application down pat, I will not be going to anymore hair stylists or at least not to any that own scissors. For those of you who are worried about application procedures, go to the bhm website and take a look around. I would love for us to form a group to really take on this challenge. I have tried so many other protective styles and they all failed b/c I always took them down to early so that I could comb and further damage my hair. Now with this lacefront I can comb it as much as I want without subjecting my own hair to handinhair disease.

atlien11

I think i have worn mine pretty consistently since June and i got my hair re-braided every 2 weeks. I just went to visit Balisi at the Hair Cuttery (yes our very own LHCF stylist) and had my hair blown out and flat-ironed (she did a great job :grin:) and I got a great amount of growth. I plan on rebraiding it in a couple of days just to finish the summer out.

cece22

atlien11 said:
I just put some pictures in my album that were sent to me from the vendor in China, for those who PM'd me :p

Thanks. Was that you who posted lacefront pics before? If so what vendor did you use?

theAlist

The lady who made these videos also makes lacefront wigs her site is crownanglory.com

Anybody know how legit she is??...I'm really looking at that Mia 14 inch Remy tight curl or the Essence 12 in Remy Tight curl.

lashay06

Great Idea. I plan on ordering one very soon, so how are you ladies keeping your hair moisterized under the lacefront? Are u removing it everday? Wrapping hair underneath or corn rolling?

Healthb4Length

lashay06 said:
Great Idea. I plan on ordering one very soon, so how are you ladies keeping your hair moisterized under the lacefront? Are u removing it everday? Wrapping hair underneath or corn rolling?

I'd like to know this as well! Bump!

Healthb4Length

sweetfacekay said:
The lady who made these videos also makes lacefront wigs her site is crownanglory.com

Anybody know how legit she is??...I'm really looking at that Mia 14 inch Remy tight curl or the Essence 12 in Remy Tight curl.

Thanks for posting this site! I really like the styles especially the baby curl. I like that she has payment plans too, that's helpful for those of us who are eternally broke.:lol:

sexibeach

I wear a lacefront as a protective style while i'm transitioning to natural. i've gotten a lot of new growth. the main thing to remember in making your measurments larger so that you can place the unit in front of your natural hairline to protect it from the adhesives. So i add additional inches to my measurements when i have it made custom. I also wear a stocking cap to protect my hairline and hair and it's made a great improvement to allow me the opportunity to grow my hair, remove it for regular washings weekly and moisturizing and protein treatments.. Its the best thing I could have done to begin my hair growth routine.

AtlantaJJ

This is so interesting!! I have a couple of questions / concerns re-the lace fronts. I work out and I sweat in my hair a lot! That's one of my biggest hair challenges and why I wore braides for 6 years straight. I' recovering from that now...... another story. How does the lace front react to workouts and sweating? Can you wash the lacefront while it's on your head?? I see Bey out there swinging so it must be pretty durable? Tell me tell me... Some look horrible when they are too low on the forehead, that looks so fake!

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Janet in Atlanta

atlien11

cece22 said:
Thanks. Was that you who posted lacefront pics before? If so what vendor did you use?
I think that was me :confused: Ok if it wasnt, ill post an answer anyway: I used a vendor here in atlanta but now that i am a little more educated on this whole process, i realize that she was sort of a middle man. She basically took my measurements, my specs, made sure it was all correct, and then sent the money overseas. Once the unit arrived she "applied it" but i then realized that i hated the glue, hated how bulky it was, etc. So i took matter into my own hands and got it cut and layered at another salon. I stopped using the glue as well, and had my girl down the street do my cornrows underneath for $25. Much better!!

lashay06 said:
I work out so my lacefront regimen basically goes like this (keep in mind i dont use glue):

1. I either CO wash my cornrows every other day. Let the towel soak up any excess water, put a scarf on and go to bed. the next morning i put the LF back on.

2. I mist my cornrows with a Aloe/water/Giovanni Fusion mixture spray for the weekends when i dont work out.

3. I just rinse my cornrows with water. Pour an ACV rinse over it to keep my scalp in check. Rinse, Mist and go to sleep.

Pretty simple and low maintenance. I have been concentrating on treating my scalp since it exposed through the cornrows but applying any stimulating treatments (cayenne spray, acv, peppermint oil mixtures, etc.)

AtlantaJJ said:
This is so interesting!! I have a couple of questions / concerns re-the lace fronts. I work out and I sweat in my hair a lot! That's one of my biggest hair challenges and why I wore braides for 6 years straight. I' recovering from that now...... another story. How does the lace front react to workouts and sweating? Can you wash the lacefront while it's on your head?? I see Bey out there swinging so it must be pretty durable? Tell me tell me... Some look horrible when they are too low on the forehead, that looks so fake!

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Janet in Atlanta
I work out in my lacefront and it holds up fine. Most of the time i put a hat on my head so that it stays in place but every now and then when i forget my hat, i just pull it back into a bun and its fine. When i get home, i just remove my LF, wash my hair, etc. etc. (see above) and then i put my scarf on and go to bed. Next morning, i just re-apply the LF. I cant speak for the people who use glue, i think it would be a sticky mess but i dont know. :perplexed HTH.

ETA: I rinse the LF and lightly CO wash it when i work out with it on. I just let it airdry over night or put rollers on the ends if i want curls.

Last edited:

atlien11

sexibeach said:
I wear a lacefront as a protective style while i'm transitioning to natural. i've gotten a lot of new growth. the main thing to remember in making your measurments larger so that you can place the unit in front of your natural hairline to protect it from the adhesives. So i add additional inches to my measurements when i have it made custom. I also wear a stocking cap to protect my hairline and hair and it's made a great improvement to allow me the opportunity to grow my hair, remove it for regular washings weekly and moisturizing and protein treatments.. Its the best thing I could have done to begin my hair growth routine.
Finally made your way over here huh? Welcome to LHCF :D

GirlywithCurlies

atlien11 said:
I think that was me :confused: Ok if it wasnt, ill post an answer anyway: I used a vendor here in atlanta but now that i am a little more educated on this whole process, i realize that she was sort of a middle man. She basically took my measurements, my specs, made sure it was all correct, and then sent the money overseas. Once the unit arrived she "applied it" but i then realized that i hated the glue, hated how bulky it was, etc. So i took matter into my own hands and got it cut and layered at another salon. I stopped using the glue as well, and had my girl down the street do my cornrows underneath for $25. Much better!!

I work out so my lacefront regimen basically goes like this (keep in mind i dont use glue):

1. I either CO wash my cornrows every other day. Let the towel soak up any excess water, put a scarf on and go to bed. the next morning i put the LF back on.

2. I mist my cornrows with a Aloe/water/Giovanni Fusion mixture spray for the weekends when i dont work out.

3. I just rinse my cornrows with water. Pour an ACV rinse over it to keep my scalp in check. Rinse, Mist and go to sleep.

Pretty simple and low maintenance. I have been concentrating on treating my scalp since it exposed through the cornrows but applying any stimulating treatments (cayenne spray, acv, peppermint oil mixtures, etc.)

I work out in my lacefront and it holds up fine. Most of the time i put a hat on my head so that it stays in place but every now and then when i forget my hat, i just pull it back into a bun and its fine. When i get home, i just remove my LF, wash my hair, etc. etc. (see above) and then i put my scarf on and go to bed. Next morning, i just re-apply the LF. I cant speak for the people who use glue, i think it would be a sticky mess but i dont know. :perplexed HTH.

ETA: I rinse the LF and lightly CO wash it when i work out with it on. I just let it airdry over night or put rollers on the ends if i want curls.

ATLien, so what do you use instead of glue?

angellazette

Hey sexi! :wave:

lashay06 said:

I remove mine often and my hair underneath is cornrowed. The adhesive I use gives me about a 2 day hold which is fine for me since I remove it frequently. I like Tite Grip and am currently using Mity Tite. I have pictures in my fotki.

sexibeach

Hey gurl how much growth have you gotten while wearing? i'm sitting here just finished all my hair routine and now braiding.. i've gotten a lot of new growth, i ordered a maxi glide so i can kind steam out the kinks a little bit, b/c now my hair is growing i can feel is rising up underneath..:lol: its getting bulky under there.. :grin:

atlien11

GirlywithCurlies said:
ATLien, so what do you use instead of glue?
I have an adjustable strap on the back of my unit so it doesnt really move that much. I use bobby pins (like 5) in the front around my hairline. They are pretty much undetecable. I know some ladies actually get theirs sewed on so that they dont have to deal with any glue or pins. Of course this means you cant take it off daily so you would need to wash/moisture your hair with the unit on.

angellazette

My hair is growing great. I cut more hair than I expected back in July and couldn't even get my hair into a single puff. I just tried tonight and I actually have a bigger puff now than the sloppy puff in my fotki from July.

angellazette

chayil0427 said:
Oh my goodness... I have to do this...where can we buy?

Chayil

I purchased my most recent unit from Rotesha @ allaboutmyhair.com. I purchased a stock unit from her. She's in Oklahoma.

Oh yeah, I did just get one from a chinese vendor...Jacksun. It's a custom unit and I haven't even worn it yet. Here's his fotki and you can find his contact info there. http://public.fotki.com/Jacksun/

godsflowerrr

i think that it depends on the type of glue that you use. i think that the "ultra hold" glue last the longest and is the strongest. don't forget to use the skin protector before applying the glue. my friend went swimming in hers and it didn't budge.

AtlantaJJ said:
I have a huge question about lace fronts. I love to run and workout, will the sweat just make the hair slip out?

I am going to post another thread to find out good protective styles since my hair needs time to be pampered and grow since I kept it in brades for so long.

Great thead!

Janet in Atlanta

godsflowerrr

there are multiple vendors on import/ export sites. they will ship directly from china. one site is http://www.alibaba.com/ just type in lace front wigs and multiple vendors will be listed with pics. (don't forget to put a space between lace and front)

chayil0427 said:
Oh my goodness... I have to do this...where can we buy?

Chayil

angellazette

godsflowerrr said:
there are multiple vendors on import/ export sites. they will ship directly from china. one site is http://www.alibaba.com/ just type in lace front wigs and multiple vendors will be listed with pics. (don't forget to put a space between lace and front)

Only thing with alibaba.com for newbies to lf's is that they don't know who is reputable or not. You may end up with dog hair or something. You can get detailed info (good and bad) on bhm that should help you make a decision on who to buy from.

sexibeach

i found that i needed a little more protection in addition to the scalp protection which is a calivon skin barrier its a great product that puts a thin film between the skin and the adhesive and it really works b/c it also has the ability to heal the skin should you need that.. also nexcare liquid bandage spray is very similar with the same protection and cheaper..