The Largest BSS in the World?

nikkablue

Don't mean to hijack the thread but, for all us midwesterners, there is also a Beauty Supply Warehouse in Denver, Colorado It was converted from an old skating rink. It' s the hugest BSS I've ever been in. They sell EVERYTHING! And, they also have A huge salon area and nail tech area so that you can get your hair done and nails did on the spot with products that you bought there. It's in Aurora, Next to Buckley AFB.

miabee1

1st lady p...the beauty supply store in wheaton mall on the lower level next to jc penny has an aisle full of dominican products from lacio lacio, silcon mix, and miss k 10 in 1:drunk:

jtsupanova

Why oh why did I click on this thread. I'm going to VA in a week and yaw know I'm going to swing by Md for that BSS

to continue the Amy Winehouse...
*I think about produtcts all the time
My So knows I aint fine
there's giant BSS in MD and I'm gonna go go go*

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
1st lady p...the beauty supply store in wheaton mall on the lower level next to jc penny has an aisle full of dominican products from lacio lacio, silcon mix, and miss k 10 in 1:drunk:

Yes. So far, Wheaton Mall has the greatest number of Dominican products that I've seen. There are other places in Hyattsville (Beauty Depot) and Takoma Park (Beauty Island), but they do not have near the diverse selection of products as the BSS in Wheaton Mall. The only other one that comes close is the Beauty Mart on Georgia Ave. in the District, right across from the Police Station and next two the new McDonalds. That's a huge BSS with some Dominican products.

I'm on a quest to find as many BSS's as I can that have Dominican products.:grin:

kweenameena

I love going to beauty for you. But not for the hair products...for the accessories!
And if you're there...then stop by Desserts by Gerard!!!! It's next door and delicious!!!

Allandra

I'm so glad I'm an Aveda girl, and I'm not a pj. I bet some of you will go in there drooling. :lol:

I ordered my Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer System online. Now if this store carries it, I'd be more than happy to drive there and purchase it next time.

*Frisky*

I went to this store yesterday and it is pretty big...I purchased a Pro Tools dryer for 60.00 bucks!! It was regulard 129...the one I really wanted that is similar to the Pibbs was 135. I think the only differences are the wattage and the dome part of the dryer is bigger but hopefully my head isnt that big so it will be cool..haha

Allandra- I did see the Mizani Butter Blend stuff...I only looked at the price of the 2lb thing of relaxer and I believe it was 32.99.

prtybrwnis

We have several beauty supply warehouses in San Diego. They have everything. I went in there in July after joining the forum and looked around forever. I used to only buy braiding hair there, but they have Keracare, Mizani, Surge. It was cool seeing a lot of the products that I hear about in the forums.

MrsHouston

I tried to google it but couldn't find it. But Its in the same shopping center as the Save-a-lot. so here is the address to the save-alot. 6309 Livingston Road
Oxon Hill, MD 20745 If you see the save a lot youll see the store its huge you can't miss it.

Oh my gosh, you have really started something...that store is gonna be empty now!

...Wishing I lived in the area:blush:

MrsHouston

Don't mean to hijack the thread but, for all us midwesterners, there is also a Beauty Supply Warehouse in Denver, Colorado It was converted from an old skating rink. It' s the hugest BSS I've ever been in. They sell EVERYTHING! And, they also have A huge salon area and nail tech area so that you can get your hair done and nails did on the spot with products that you bought there. It's in Aurora, Next to Buckley AFB.

What about NC??????????????????????????????????????

caribgirl

My heart is beating out of my chest and I wish I was near Md right now. Any super gigantic BSS in Orlando ladies?????????? Help a sista out:lachen:.

I went to this store while I was in VA visiting my sis over the T-giving holidays. This BSS doesn't hold a candle to the "Mega" one in Durham. The store in Durham is cleaner, well-lit and has a wider selection. In Oxon Hill, I did not see any dominican products and they didn't carry Design Essentials (they didn't know what it was). Products were dusty and expensive.
Salespeople weren't as friendly either. Maybe I went on a bad night. :sad:
Just my 2 cents....

MizAvalon

I went to this store while I was in VA visiting my sis over the T-giving holidays. This BSS doesn't hold a candle to the "Mega" one in Durham. The store in Durham is cleaner, well-lit and has a wider selection. In Oxon Hill, I did not see any dominican products and they didn't carry Design Essentials (they didn't know what it was). Products were dusty and expensive.
Salespeople weren't as friendly either. Maybe I went on a bad night. :sad:
Just my 2 cents....

Thanks for your review. No dominican products? I guess I won't go then. If it's just a regular old beauty supply store, only bigger, then I'll pass on that.

Thanks for your review. No dominican products? I guess I won't go then. If it's just a regular old beauty supply store, only bigger, then I'll pass on that.

MiZAvlon, I walked up and down those aisles at least 4xs and I did not see any dominican products. I asked the saleslady for DE and she said they did not carry the line. She mentioned Barry Fletcher's line was a popular line for that area.

The next day, my sister took me to Wheaton Mall (I think that what it's called) and there is a store outside the JC Penny entrance which has a moderate selection of dominican products. I really liked that store:) They didn't carry DE either but they carried Dettol, an antiseptic that most people from the Carribbean use- especially during that time of the month.:grin:

MizAvalon

MiZAvlon, I walked up and down those aisles at least 4xs and I did not see any dominican products. I asked the saleslady for DE and she said they did not carry the line. She mentioned Barry Fletcher's line was a popular line for that area.

The next day, my sister took me to Wheaton Mall (I think that what it's called) and there is a store outside the JC Penny entrance which has a moderate selection of dominican products. I really liked that store:) They didn't carry DE either but they carried Dettol, an antiseptic that most people from the Carribbean use- especially during that time of the month.:grin:

What does Dettol do?

I use it for a wide variety of things laundry, deodorizing, bathing but overall it's an really good antiseptic. I love the smell of it. :yep:

Saida

Why is there nothing here in Birmingham?? :nono:

Will I have to go to sally's for the rest of my life ???:ohwell:

4chelle

I go there all the time. I'll drive clear across town (or from Upper Marlboro) to go there. Oh, and by the way, I was there last weekend and they have all the new Mizani shea butter relaxer set (full size). I was so tempted to get it. I just bought the old relaxer line not too long ago so I have to wait until I run out.

There only down fall is that they don't sell dominican products. I ask about them at least every other month and they still look at me like I'm crazy.:spinning:

yeah, i get that too. i had to stop going in there, its on my way to work and i would go in the mornings on the way, spend an hour and be late!:blush:

i asked about the dominican products and the girl told me they didnt have a high demand for it, so they dont carry too much but the couple that were mentioned earlier.

nappity

yeah, i get that too. i had to stop going in there, its on my way to work and i would go in the mornings on the way, spend an hour and be late!:blush:

i asked about the dominican products and the girl told me they didnt have a high demand for it, so they dont carry too much but the couple that were mentioned earlier.

A member of this board called Longhairlover sells dominican products and her shipping rates are very cheap. PM her- she;ll give you a very good hook up. Im speaking from personal experience. Cause there seem to be no Dominicans here near Dallas Texas.

Allandra

I've gone to the bss in Wheaton Mall that you're referring to. Be careful, because they have a lot of dusty products up in there too. :lol: They need to learn how to dust.

Barbara

Princess
O.M.G.
Please don't post the directions!
LAWD!

PJ'S UNITE! :sekret:

I'll be in Washington, D. C. for a family reunion, and I don't need to take any hair supplies home on the plane. :flyingwit They won't allow full size products, so it won't do me any good to try to find it.

I've gone to the bss in Wheaton Mall that you're referring to. Be careful, because they have a lot of dusty products up in there too. :lol: They need to learn how to dust.

Hey, thanks for the warning. :up: Believe me, I thoroughly inspected my purchases before I brought them to the counter. :yep: My sister became a bit annoyed w/me because I was taking so long but she understood why.
I suppose it's like with any other store, you gotta be vigilant.
Overall, I enjoyed shopping there.