The Largest BSS in the World?

Lavendar

I driven by there many, many times. But I'mma keep it real...that shopping center scares the heck outta me! The BSS is huge and I've been wondering for a long time if they have some of the products I want to try but can't find, especially the Dominican products, but I haven't built up the nerve to turn in that direction. That's saying alot for a PJ born and raised in the DC area. I guess if they have the Nacidit and Capilo products that Kinikakes suggested I'll break down and go.:perplexed Did you happen to see those??

I'm taking my bodyguard with me though!:lol:

Tee

Stop It! Just stop It You hear me!! All you PJs in here cutting up letting this PJism run wild.

*I am just hating. lol

angelk316

hotlusciousl said:
I shop here all the time...!!!!!!!! I haven't seen the dominican products where are they located in the store?
I think they were at the end of one of the Isles. Its too many products to remember

angelk316

Lavendar said:
I driven by there many, many times. But I'mma keep it real...that shopping center scares the heck outta me! The BSS is huge and I've been wondering for a long time if they have some of the products I want to try but can't find, especially the Dominican products, but I haven't built up the nerve to turn in that direction. That's saying alot for a PJ born and raised in the DC area. I guess if they have the Nacidit and Capilo products that Kinikakes suggested I'll break down and go.:perplexed Did you happen to see those??

LOL.. Its not that bad trust me. I am from Montgomery County, MD. The only issues I had was someone handing me a list of bootleg CD's and DVD's

SNyeema

I shop here all the time and she's right. Think the size of a Safeway or Giant or Shoppers or ANY grocery store. It is huge and they sell everything. If you're into weaves for braiding or sewing you'd think you died and gone to hair heaven. They have EVERYTHING!! I often go in for Nexxus products and end up spending at least $100 every single time. Not a good place to go on payday. I'm still making payment arrangement with the cable company because of this damn store!!!

glam-

Just wanted to add that I go there all the time- it is big like a grocery store. As far as safety, it's really not that bad; uou'll be fine. And if you go, you can sign up for their VIP membership program. I earn points for every dollear spent and then when you get a certain number of points, you can get a discount on your next purchase- so for example, the next time, I go I can get $12.50 taken off of my total at the check out.

They also have a website, but it is currently under construction- it is:
http://www.bty4u.com

BTW, I don't work there- I just shop there way too much! I will have to look for the dominican products, I have never noticed them, though.

MiWay

Are you talking about Beauty 4 U? They got Dominican Products??? Aww shucks...it's time to go shopping!

sylver2

angelk316 said:
I don't known about the largest but this BSS in Oxon Hill, MD of livingston Rd is huge its like a grocery store. They have everything including the infamous Fhi, Chi and wigo flat iron. They even have dominicon products.
I just had to go in there. I came out with $100 worth of stuff. My name is angel and I am a Product Junkie.

Oh yeh I kno which one u are talking about. I've been there a few times. It is so far the largest BSS I have been too.

Mestiza

What are the prices like? Reading about that makes the big BSS in my area seem like Barbie's playhouse. :lol:

Mestiza

baby42 said:
this one time i am glad i dont have a car:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lol: wow i cant stop thinking about a place like that REHAB NOW!!!EVERY BODY!!!
In the words of Amy Winehouse...

They tried to make me go to rehab
I said no, no, no! :lol:

Leshia

candy1214 said:
LOL!! Livingston Rd. from your area would take about 45 minutes to an hour....you can hit it from GW Parkway to 395 to 295. or you can drive alllllll the way down 495 over the Wilson bridge.

There's another GREAT BIG ole store right up the street from me in Alexandria, VA. Its right behind Landmark Mall...just take 495 S to 395 N...its right off the little river turnpike exit. The name of the store is called Freestyle Beauty and they carry every damn thing. Mizani, Paul Mitchell, Kenra, Keracare, Motions, Dudley's. Tons of wigs, weaves and great salon quality hairdryers, etc.

PM me if you need better directions.

One day, I can only hope to know my way around like this -- thank you!

Leshia

Lavendar said:

Ya'll see??!!! I can't drive there, ya'll. I must continue my quest...but in a posh area...

R

Reslnt1

Guys i used to live over there and its called Beauty 4 U and its the size of a warehaouse. They just opened a new one in Woodbridge Va.

R

Reslnt1

they have a smaller sized one in Woodbridge. the chain is called Beauty 4 U. try and look it up on -line

R

Reslnt1

Leshia said:
Ya'll see??!!! I can't drive there, ya'll. I must continue my quest...but in a posh area...
they have a smaller sized one in Woodbridge. the chain is called Beauty 4 U. try and look it up on -line

InNeedofHairapy

I used to go into that store a lot when I worked in that area. It was so overwhelmingly LARGE and had so much stuff in it, that I never really experimented or looked for anything...I can't believe that I haven't been back since I joined LHCF....I might have to make my way over there..it's just a 20 min. trip...:grin:

They do have dominican products there though?

spelmanlocks

I went in that store just two weeks ago. They do have a lot of stuff including Dominican products. However, they don't have that many Dominican products. If I recall correctly they had Sedal and some Star Products, but not Lacio Lacio, which is what I went there for.

Leshia

Reslnt1 said:

ah, woodbridge is a hike for me, as well, but I'm not so afraid of Woodbridge...sort of -- thank you!

shelli4018

My mother and I took a drive down there yesterday. Though it is a large store I didn't see much there I couldn't find at any other salon. Basically, they just have MORE of the same stuff everyone else has. Unfortunately, I didn't see any Dominican products in the store. I must've walked through those aisles 3 or 4 times.

edited to add: Oh, I thought they had an excellent selection of hairdryers (bonnet and handheld) and flat irons.

Ladylynn

I go there all the time. I'll drive clear across town (or from Upper Marlboro) to go there. Oh, and by the way, I was there last weekend and they have all the new Mizani shea butter relaxer set (full size). I was so tempted to get it. I just bought the old relaxer line not too long ago so I have to wait until I run out.

There only down fall is that they don't sell dominican products. I ask about them at least every other month and they still look at me like I'm crazy.:spinning:

1st Lady P

I go there all the time. I'll drive clear across town (or from Upper Marlboro) to go there. Oh, and by the way, I was there last weekend and they have all the new Mizani shea butter relaxer set (full size). I was so tempted to get it. I just bought the old relaxer line not too long ago so I have to wait until I run out.

There only down fall is that they don't sell dominican products. I ask about them at least every other month and they still look at me like I'm crazy.:spinning:

So where do you go to get your dominican products? There are a couple of us newbies here in MD looking for products.