The middle is shorter. Why?

Stacy TheLady

Hey All,

Hope everyone has time for a DC today...:grin:

I was wondering why is the middle of my hair shorter than the front and back. Well i have type 4 hair, the front and back is straight-ish and fine but the middle is somewhat tightly coiled. Could that be part of the reason?

When i do two strand twist on my entire head, the middle is real short compared to the rest. Or do i need to grow the middle in some way?

Do you ever wear alot of headbands / puffs? I've heard this alot with natural ladies who always wear a puff.

Yes i usually wear it in one...honestly i used to always have my hair in cornrows after i did my BC and when i got length i stopped and now i always do a bun under my headscarf.

Ok i think i need to go back to my cornrows...

thnks much

Is the puff too tight? Maybe try it looser? Or yes, a different style. Maybe whatever you're using to secure your bun is breaking it?

My hair just grows like that.. it always have even when I was relaxed.. My middle is sooooo much shorter and thicker then the rest..It's just that way...all I can do is wait till it catches up.

Well i dont do the puff tight cuz aint nobody seeing my hair anyways...lol

And as Truth says her's just naturally grows that way; am not sure if thats my case as well. I'll keep monitoring and i'll do my bun but for safety sake i'll start doing my cornrows more often again.

thanks ladies

Something to think about.
Shampoo: if you use shampoo, are you rinsing the middle well enough? It can eat hair up! The more coily the hair, the more rinsing it needs, because the twists and turns really hold soap.

Product Application: Also, maybe you are not applying product to that hair as well as you do to the sides, which may not need as much product. Maybe when you apply product, make that section it's own particular section.

HTH

Last edited:
Back