Can we talk about...

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
How incredibly awesome the LOC method and Chicoro's Leave-In are?

For those who don't know, lemme break it down for you:

1) LOC method: Liquid/Oil/Cream. You wet/spray your hair with something liquidy. Top that with an oil, then seal it in with a cream.

2) Chicoro's Leave-In (I put everything in a spray bottle for simple application):

- 8 oz of aloe vera juice
- 2 tbsn of any oil of your choice (I used one tbsp sesame & one tbsp sapote)
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerin

I've been doing the LOC method for a week or two now with fabulous results. For my liquid phase, I've used all kinds of mixtures. Water and aloe. Water, rosewater and aloe. Water and oil. And the list goes on. But nevah... I mean, NEVAH has anything given me the results that Chicoro's Leave-In has.

I've been using Chicoro's mix as the liquid phase of the LOC method for a few days and my hair is so effin' soft and moisturized, I can hardly stand it.

Now, while wet, my hair doesn't feel all that hot. But once it dries? It's a wrap. A complete and utter wrap. Trying to keep my hands out of my hair is futile. My hands now basically LIVE in my hair. :lol:

For the cream phase, some folks use butter. Tried that and it was a no-go. My hair HAS to have a creamy, water based moisturizer.

My favorite oil to use in the oil phase is castor. The moisture is insane. And topping it all of with Pura Murumuru Lotion? Kills me dead every time.

This is taking me entirely too long to write because I can't keep my hands out of my hair. :lachen:

So if you want moisture in your life (which is 99.99999% of this board :lol: ) you neeeeeed Chicoro's Leave-In and the LOC method like, two weeks ago.

And after you try them, come back in here so we can gush over how spectacularly awesome they are.

I'll wait. *twiddles thumbs*

Cendra

LOL, you're funny. I'm going to try this, I need a boost with this dry crackling weather we're having.

LaidBak

I haven't used Chicoro's formula, but I've been doing something like the 'LOC method' since I started my HHG. I call it 'mist, moisturize, and seal'. Mist with liquid leave in (from a spray bottle), then follow with a creamy moisturizer, then oil. When I do this every night it produces amazing results. If I slack off, I see the difference. Sometimes I do moisturizer over oil, sometimes I do oil over moisturizer. Either way I get butter soft hair.

Aggie

I have not really done the loc method but you know I've been raving about Chicoro's prepoo in that thread. I :love: that prepoo and know that I will be using it on henna days for sure - after the henna treatment:lol: That prepoo is the bomb of all bombshells.com.

I may give the loc method a try but I have no butters right now. I would like to use a hair butter as my cream. Can I use the Mizani h2o night-time treatment in the mean time:look:?

tiffers

Aggie I'm definitely using that pre-poo on my next wash day. I already have all the fixins. :grin:

About the Mizani Cream, go for it! I love using water based creams as the final step. :yep:

Ms. Tiki

I've been doing the same thing forever and it works better for me. I also put everything in a bottle to make my life easier. Right now I have rose water, my oil mix, and a cream condish that I use night light right before I baggying

naturalmanenyc

I didn't know this was a "method". I've been trying this for about 2 weeks using plain water (spray bottle), castor oil and curl enhancing smoothie. I have been wearing a bun and I find that castor oil works best to keep my hair from feeling dry when tucked into my mesh donut bun filler.

FoxxyLocs

I do something similar. I don't always use an oil and a cream, usually one or the other, but I always spray my hair with a leave in before I apply. Tonight I used water + AOHSR and sealed with crisco. No matter what variation I use, my hair always comes out really soft.

I stopped doing the prepoo because I felt like my regimen had too many steps. I did get nice results, but my hair is doing fine without it.

tiffers

Onhergrind09

The pre-poo:

In a bowl, mix:

• ½ cup of aloe vera juice or whole leaf aloe vera

• 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite oil (wheat germ, olive, safflower, walnut etc)

In a separate bowl, melt:

• Food grade coconut oil (1/4 cup)

• Sit the bottle or jar in hot water- do not put in microwave or on the stove!

Remember, everyone's hair has different needs. You may need more or less of this mixture. Or, your hair may notlike this at all. None of these will irrevocably change your hair. Thus, you just need to wash out the mixture if your hair doesn't like it.

1. Using your fingers, separate your hair into 4- 8 sections. If your hair is caked with hard product, rinse your hair first. Gently handle the first section. First, smooth thehair in a downward direction. You are just trying to make sure that all the hair is going in one direction. You don't need to completely detangle the hair at this point.

2. Dip your hair in the bowl of aloe vera and oil or cup your hands in the mixture and transfer it to the section onto your hair. Work it through. Get the aloe vera/oil mix into your hair from root to tip. Make sure it is moist throughout the sectioned hair. If your hair is long enough, twist it and wrap it around like a bantu knot. If it is not, try to twist it and move it out the way. Repeat until you have done this to each section.

3. You should have a head fullof aloe vera mixed with oil twisted sections. Go back to the first twist you did. Undo it, pour the liquid coconut oil in your hand and work through the section. Re-twist it and repeat on whole head. Place a plastic shower cap on your head for 15-60 minutes. Your moisturizing pre-poo is complete!

1. Mix all the ingredients together. You can even place them in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on your freshly rinsed hair.

2. Work the leave -in mixture into your hair from root to tip.

3. Do not rinse out this mixture.

4. Style your natural hair as usual.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I can vouch for the LOC method. I love the way my hair feels when I do variations of that. I didn't even know it was a specific method though. I'll have to try out Chicoro's recipe for sure as soon as I locate that aloe vera juice. Thanks!

kupenda

I LOVELOVELOVE the LOC method!!! Ahhh! It actually woks for me. Sometimes I use just distilled water as my liquid. Sometimes I use water and aloe. Then I use grapeseed oil to get my ceramides in and follow with DB transitioning cream. Yummy hair! Especially if I baggy afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HautePinkHeels

Apparently it's the aloe vera juice that's the key--doesn't kimmaytube use that in her leave-in too?

It closes your cuticles and allows your hair to better retain moisture. Tomorrow when I'm not lazy I'm gonna go to Wal-Mart and get a jug of it.

Honi

There is no board.
It actually does work but I didn't know someone had created a name for it.

I use liquid mix of Infusium/water, soybean oil/olive oil mix and for my "cream" I use crisco. Never thought of using it on my daughters 4b hair but I will definitely try it.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I live by her LOC method.

I need to try her "liquid" mix

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My current LOC:

LIQUID: Water/AVJ mix (50:50 ratio) or Aphoghee provitamin leave in or Water/oyin greg juive mix (50:50) ratio

OIL: castor crisco oil mix

CREAM: Currently using Oyin dew moisturizer

Duff

thanks!!! lately I've been using water and the cream. I need to add a little oil to it. how much oil are you guys using?

I'm subscribing.

SimJam

yes i tried both and loved them, then forgot about them ... also prefer the Chirocco method

I still use aloe vera juice as my liquid, then layer whatever else over it

thanks for reminding me about Chiroccos mixture

Platinum

I love Chicoro's prepoo!:love: I've never tried the LOC method but I usually use a water-based moisturizer and seal with Black or Regular castor oil. I'll try the LOC method this weekend.