The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

Stella B.

I had great results my last wash after using the Mane and Tail Detangler. I added it to my spray bottle (about 1 oz.) mixed with infusium 23 (original formula), aloe vera juice, Elasta QP leave-in, and distilled water. Sprayed this on my hair directly after shampooing and deep conditioning, and I was amazed at how easy it was to detangle. I was actually able to comb thru with a wide tooth shower comb from the ends up to the roots much easier than ever before. I never comb my hair when it is wet; but the results were so promising, I might have to tweak my reggie again! lol
Yea, it's a keeper-silicones and all. :lol: My hair loved it!

diadall

I just bought some Mane n' Tail products today. I bought the shampoo last week. Today I purchased the deep moisturizing conditioner and the detagnler. I hope to have some great hair results. I am about 6 inches from APL. I hope to make it by December 2011. My birthday is in February I would like to grow a couple of inches by then.

Let me know if you have any inspiration.

newnyer

It's so funny that MNT is still going strong and has gotten so popular. lol! I remember my Mom using this on me as a kid and I used to look at her w/ the side eye. "MA! This is for horses and DOGS!!" Now fast forward 20 years later--I've been trying to find a regime that will restore SOME sort of thickness back into my thinning, low-density hair. About every other person I talk to mentions this stuff. Guess I'm running to the BSS...but now I gotta call my Mama & apologize!!

sunnieb

This is the #1 product that gets me through stretching my relaxers for 14 weeks! :yep: Without it, I'd probably relax every 9-10 weeks.

ycj1

I'm back and will stay with the mnt, I have been using the GrowAfroHair long detangler and it's fine, but I really really miss my mnt! No doubt!!!!! I will never ever stray again from it. I did a hot oil cond. with the HE cond. (which I never use, but had it sitting around) then rinsed it out and twisted. I then bagged my damp hair for a hour and then something told me to take the bag off and check the feel of my hair. It felt kinda rough so I decided to use my MNT orig. cond. as a lv-in and right away I noticed how well my hair took to it. My hair felt so much softer instantly. I know now I will never stop using it. Now I have to go out either tomorrow or monday and repurchase the 32 fl oz size. I cannot afford to be without it. LOVE ME SOME MNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin::lick:

I just wanted to add some pics of my use with the mane and tail cond. After I wash and cond. my hair I use the conditioner as a leave in then twist in large twist and let it dry overnight. I then oil my scalp with sulfur 8 bc my scalp is extremely dry. I then section off my hair once it's all down and apply the cond. again and finger twirl. Let it dry and seperate the twist and whalla!

Last edited:

Angelicus

I have a question-- I don't know if it has been asked already. I live on the same street as a equestrian store. They have MNT products in very large bottles, i.e., detangler is 32 oz and Shampoo/Conditioner are in gallon sized jugs.

Do these large jugs/spray bottles have the same formula as ones found at a drug store? Or are they packed with 389353945 strange inert ingredients?

I mean, it really isn't going to matter because I am going to buy it anyway probably :lol:

freecurl

Please help me guys. I bought MNT at Walgreens for the BOGO free. I used it to co-wash my hair today and used a little as a leave in and my head is burning. I also have 1 straightish strand in my hair. Please tell me this does not have any crazy chemicals in it?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Please help me guys. I bought MNT at Walgreens for the BOGO free. I used it to co-wash my hair today and used a little as a leave in and my head is burning. I also have 1 straightish strand in my hair. Please tell me this does not have any crazy chemicals in it?

Could you be allergic to anything in the product? I love the detangler! My hair never had so much slip! My knots melted completely! If this works with my KC curl custard, I can rejoin the wash n go challenge!:yay:

faithVA

Do you know how long the sale is for????

ycj1 - I'm sorry I didn't respond. Didn't know anyone asked me a question. I don't use Mane N Tail so I rarely come in this thread. Sorry! :ohwell:

I believe the sale should extend until Saturday. I think the new ads come out for Sunday.

freecurl

Could you be allergic to anything in the product? I love the detangler! My hair never had so much slip! My knots melted completely! If this works with my KC curl custard, I can rejoin the wash n go challenge!:yay:
I'm not sure. However, my hair feels like a left a relaxer on for too long. I just washed my hair three times with a sulfate shampoo and have a DT on now, and my hair is still burning. I've NEVER had this reaction to any hair product before. I didn't see any ingredients that I thought would cause a reaction. Please tell me I didn't cause any damage to my hair.:mad:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm not sure. However, my hair feels like a left a relaxer on for too long. I just washed my hair three times with a sulfate shampoo and have a DT on now, and my hair is still burning. I've NEVER had this reaction to any hair product before. I didn't see any ingredients that I thought would cause a reaction. Please tell me I didn't cause any damage to my hair.:mad:

Sounds like an allergic reaction, but I hope you did not damage your hair. There was a product called Surge in the past and that is the sensation a lot of people experienced. Usually removal of the product from the hair ended the sensation. I hope everything works out for you.:ohwell:

ycj1

ycj1 - I'm sorry I didn't respond. Didn't know anyone asked me a question. I don't use Mane N Tail so I rarely come in this thread. Sorry! :ohwell:

I believe the sale should extend until Saturday. I think the new ads come out for Sunday.
Thanks, but the sale ends on 23 April, just picked up some tho!

niqu92

my mom used to use mane&tail on me and i would always be like "ewww mom this is for animals!" lol
im thinking about buying some now that im reading all these reviews. Do you ladies use mane&tail strictly or do you rotate between mane&tail and different conditioners/shampoos? im thinking about using this to co-wash however im not sure if it might be a little too much protein for my hair...

demlew

Sally's has the original formulas - shampoo, conditioner, and detangler BOGO right now. The shampoo rang up at $3.99 and the detangler was $5.99 with the card.

This question was asked earlier, but I haven't seen an answer yet: How does this line compare to Aphogee keratin? Sally's has both on sale right now. TIA!

Last edited:

GraceV

has anyone tried aphogee 2 minute and main n tail? how would you compare the two protein conditioners.
Disclaimer: My hair LOVES proteins.

Based on my experience with the products, the MnT conditioner is like a very, very light protein conditioner (something I would use after cowashing for example on a quick "carry me over till washday when I can DC" session) while the Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor would qualify as a light protein treatment (I need some strengthening but not hardcore). The Aphogee provides significantly more strengthening than the MnT Original conditioner.

I use the MnT mainly as a daily leave-in.

choctaw

used MnT conditioner in an oil rinse today ... detangles easily with shower comb. I used acv final rinse and hair feels good.

caltron

Has anyone used the Original conditioner AND the Deep Moisturizing one?

If you have, can you compare the two? Which in your opinion works better? Did you mix either of the two with anything?

Somebody mentioned that they had to use Suave after the original conditioner. Was that because it contained too much protein for you? Has anyone else had to do something similar to this?

I have experimented with both and my hair definitely prefers the Original formulation. I think my hair likes protein more than moisture. I am a relaxed 4a/b with very cottony hair that likes to poof. I have thick hair but fine individual strands.

I have tried the Original as a leave-in, which leaves my hair extra manageable and completely controls poof. Although I loved what it did for my hair, it felt a little too weighed down and had kind of a dull residue on it. I think that's the protein at work, but too much of it for my hair's tastes.

I then tried the Extra Moisturizing as a leave-in, which I hated. My hair was not weighted down, but was poofy poofy poofy for days. My guess is that there is not as much protein in this formulation as the Original.

This week I tried using the Original brand as a rinse out conditioner and then following with the extra moisturizing as a leave in. It has definitely been an improvement. It is still manageable, light weight and shiny, but still a tiny bit of poof that only went away after daily applications a light protein daily gloss by Design Essentials.

I think next week I will completely nix the Extra Moisturizing leave in from my regimen and just use the Original as a rinse out conditioner. I'm learning that my hair only needs occasional moisture during the week and regular doses of light protein...I'm slowly getting there hopefully... :)

So I think the answer is that you're going to have to experiment to see which one works for your hair.

Bublin

Bumping to say i love The Detangler - and - can this product double as a leave-in because it does seem very moisturising. The bottle just says not to rinse it out.

AryaStarr258

I'd been debating for a few months on whether or not to purchase the Mane 'N Tail shampoo and conditioner. The whole 'you can also use it on your animals' bit had me kind of nervous, but after some dithering I decided to go ahead and buy it. I used it for the first time yesterday.

Oh. My. Lord. I think I just found my staples. Honestly, I've gone through so many shampoos and conditioners and NONE of them left my hair as soft or as manageable as these did. My hair actually cooperated with me, so when I air dried, it laid down flat and smooth! Me = incredibly impressed.

My only tiny gripe would be the smell. It's not bad; in fact it has a rather fresh scent to it. It's not as :lick: as some other products I've used. But I can deal with that if I get these kind of results.

Platinum

Still using Mane 'n Tail products. I love using the detangler when I'm taking down my braids and I love cowashing with the conditioner.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

It's interesting that you had this reaction b/c when I tried leaving it on as a DC (testing it out) it burned my scalp :( which was weird because I used it as a cowash with absolutely no problems.