The NEW Mane n Tail users club

Napp

Ms. Nobody
So who is using this line?

I love it! i just have used both the original conditioner and the moisturizing conditioner for 4 days and i can tell THIS is what i have been looking for all of these years. my breakage has stopped and my hair feels thicker! plus my hair is so touchable soft. i have developed HIH disease all over again! To add to that i used it to slick my bun and my bro said "your hair looks really nice today. Sometimes you have ashy or white spots in your hair" I didn't even know!:blush:

AUTOMATIC STAPLE STATUS! :lol:

Do you have any mane n tail concoctions please post!

I would like to hear what you mane n tail users have to say about any of the products in their line.

shout out to Monie! i wouldnt have tried it if you didnt mention it!

Last edited:

An_gell

Yayyy!! I'm so glad you started this thread. I would love to be a member, I just started using the Mane and Tail conditioner. I use it as a pre-condish trt before I cowash, and I really like the results. I use it this way, because I am in the sulfur challenge so that alone can be drying and Mane and tail contains proteins which can be drying if used to often so that's why I have used the Mane and tail as a pre-condish and then follow with a very moisturizing conditioner.

Angelicus

I stopped buying it because I was trying to use only natural products. Natural products just aren't working for my hair. I may go back to Mane n Tail. They have a very good line of products.

Lissa0821

I use the detangler to detangle my braidout on the wash day. I also use the conditioner as a prepoo whenever I plan to steam my hair so that my hair does not get too soft.

biancaelyse

I tried Mane n Tail back in the 90s and it was too heavy for my relaxed hair. Maybe I need to try it again now that I'm natural.

AlliCat

I like the detangler because it really works. I also used to use the original conditioner mixed with a moisturizing conditioner to DC, with good results

NaturalBoss

I haven't tried it yet but I just bought 2 big bottles of the conditioner because it was BOGO free at Sally's. I hope it works for my hair.

Platinum

I just bought the shampoo and conditioner the other day. I think I need to go back to using more protein, I'm getting a lot of splits with a moisture only regimen.

sweetnlow06

I just started using the original conditioner about a week ago. I love it and don't know why I stopped using it years ago. My breakage pretty much stopped when I started using it again.

Guitarhero

After seeing it on sale at Sally's recently, I bought it again. I've learned to use coconut oil or another slick oil to apply before or on top of these creamy leave-ins for the white spots you speak of. What I liked about this conditioner this time around was it's waterier consistency. It was so thick beforehand and build-up was faster.

Concoctions?

For the Kathy Howse UBH, try putting Vatika oil or plain coconut oil in the ratio she recommends. M&T already has coconut oil in it so you're just increasing the greasiness, imho (either good or bad..depends upon what you want). I'm going to be mixing our little Skala Avocado leave-in cremes with the M&T because they're roughly the same consistency and similar fragrances. This is to just get the excess of bottles out of the way. Plus, I think it'll be extra conditioning.

Another concoction I'm thinking of, putting some kind Aphogee, Nexxus or other high protein reconstructor in with the M&T after coconut-oiling the hair dry as a pre-poo treatment.

Last edited:

Platinum

I've been using MnT for the last few days and I'm noticing a difference in my hair. My hair feels much stronger and I'm seeing less shedding.:yep: Definitely I new staple.

An_gell

Do you guys think the protein in this conditioner is too much to use as a daily cowash or to use twice a week as a cowash conditioner. I saw the thread Rain and Aireen (I think) made on proteins but on the bottle I have it only has hydrolyzed protein so I don't know if that is one of the proteins that should be used in small amts or if it's okay to use more often. I definitely don't wanna go through protein overload, but I really like the way my hair feels with this conditioner. Any advice is appreciated.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Do you guys think the protein in this conditioner is too much to use as a daily cowash or to use twice a week as a cowash conditioner. I saw the thread Rain and Aireen (I think) made on proteins but on the bottle I have it only has hydrolyzed protein so I don't know if that is one of the proteins that should be used in small amts or if it's okay to use more often. I definitely don't wanna go through protein overload, but I really like the way my hair feels with this conditioner. Any advice is appreciated.

how does your hair handle protien?

i never get hard hair with protien except for the time i tried to use Ultra sheen duo tex as a leave in:nono:

Naturalhaven

I just bought mane n tail deep moisturising condish yesterday. I was scared it was gonna make my hair hard so I added honey and evoo and used it as a deep conditioner......LOVED IT!!!!!

janda

I've been using my Mane n Tail as a base for my DC and as a leave-in. So far I really like it. How's everyone doing with their Mane n Tail?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i still like the deep moisturizing conditioner. the original one leave my hair dull:sad: ive been mixing it with my duo tex and have been getting nice results but i will not repurchase. lol its ironic because i started this thread. they are good products just not for me.

although if i cannot find what i am looking for i will come back to the mane n tail deep moisturizing.

YasashiiSekai

How "new" is this? Like 2011 new, or few years ago new? I tried Mane n Tail in 2009 and didn't like it. Made my hair hard.

Yeah I noticed that too when I used both the shampoo and the conditioner at the same time, but then I started using just one or the other and things were fine. I think my hair doesn't do well with that much protein.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I purchased the shampoo and conditioner last year, early on in my HHJ and it was too harsh for my hair for regular use and/or cowashing. I guess too much protein. I might try it again later in the year as a protein treatment.

CodeRed

@Napp are you still using the deep moisturizing conditioner? I'm going to purchase a 32 oz bottle of it to use as my rinse out... I really liked the sample I tried... If you are still using it, does it still work as good as it did when you made this thread?

lana

I guess I better join...I have "always" used the conditioner...but then I fell off and I'm using it again. It's the "only" thing that really has worked for my hair consistently. I can truly say that when I want to reach length goals, I have to have M&T conditioner in my routine.

This is how I use it: 1. Apply like it's a relaxer (from the roots up, not the scalp) and I'll sometimes bantu knot the hair, getting every strand saturated. 2. Sleep in it and wash it out the next day and then style.

It works!