The Oils...what are these oils for really?

Stacy TheLady

I realize that these oils are raved about in alot of posts. I won't mind trying them but i really want to know what each oil is used for.

Brahmi Oil
Rosemary Oil
Bhringraj Oil
Shikakai Oil
Vatika Oil
Neem
If there are other oils that you all know of please add it in yoru response and tell me what it helps with.

Thanks a mil

I've never used any of the ones listed. I'm happy with just olive oil or coconut oil.

I use olive oil most frequently. I use it as a hot oil treatment to soften my hair. Some people use it for shine, I can't really tell if it makes my hair shiny or not but I love it.

I use it to seal sometimes.

They have the benefit of the base oil plus the herb that is infused into them. Off the top of my head, I know that Rosemary can darken hair and stimulates circulation so it is good for growith but you should use it with caution if you have high blood pressure or are pregnant.

Last edited:
Brahmi oil is the medicated oil of the gotu kola leaf. Gotu Kola is a common groundcover found in the tropics and is said to be the preferred food of the mother elephant during her entire pregnancy. In Ayurveda it is considered a rejuvenator for the entire body and is commonly used as a medicated oil. Brahmi is excellent for supporting healthy hair growth. This oil has a beautiful sweet fragrance and natural green color. It is an exquisite oil that is calming and soothing. Brahmi Oil is a natural herbal hair rejuvenator and promotes positive memory functioning

Bhringaraj oil is an excellent choice for massaging the scalp and feet. It also cools the head and calms the mind. For premature greying and hair loss, use in conjunction with Healthy Hair.

Shikakai is a complete tonic for retaining complete softness of hair. It is a unique remedy for natural and beautiful hair.
Vatika provides natural nourishment to your hair. Giving it body and radiance, taking care of the critical balance of nutrients.

Vatika Hair Oil is a delicate mix of pure coconut oil with special hair care herbs including henna, amla and lemon. Blended together to strengthen each strand of hair from within, making you look really gorgeous. Vatika's unique natural formulation ensures deeper oil penetration to give your hair and scalp complete nourishment for problem free, healthy hair.

Neem oil can relieve dry and itchy scalp, dandruff, the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, as well as giving you silky, shiny, stronger hair and encourage growth. It really makes a big difference, and it does so seemingly over night.
Neem oil relieves dry and itchy scalp, dandruff, the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, as well as giving you silky, shiny, stronger hair and encourage growth. It really makes a big difference, and it does so seemingly over night.
Neem oil can even help with hair problems like hair loss and premature graying, where loss of hair or loss of color is caused by imbalances and health issues, rather than normal aging. (Sorry, even neem oil won't stop the aging process...)

Rosemary oil and rosemary teas are used extensively for hair care in shampoos and lotions. Regular use of rosemary oil helps in stimulating follicles, as a result of which, hair grow longer and stronger. It is also believed that rosemary oil slows down premature hair loss and graying of hair. Hence it is an excellent tonic for bald people. Rosemary essential oil is also beneficial for dry and flaky scalps. Regular massage of scalp with rosemary oil nourishes the scalp and removes dandruff. Further, it is often mixed with tea tree oil and basil oil to treat scalp problems.

Last edited:
^^^^^^ What SouthernStunner said. She pretty much covered the whole gamut of non compound herbal oils commonly used in veda. One warning...both neem and amla oil stinks like nothing else. Be warned. Peee-uwww!

:lachen:It's been 3 weeks now am using the amla oil and boy oh boy...it really is pungent! But i like it and my hair likes it too :grin:

Can I make my own oils??? I have the powders so if I steep them in like Jojoba oil or castor oil would this work???

I find when I use the paste on my hair (I have BKT) it seems to strip this off so maybe just the oils would work better for me???

Back