The question was popped!!!

charmtreese

As some of you may know, I recently enrolled in Empire Beauty School. I’m a little more than two months in and everyone is starting to feel comfortable with one another, and the question that I knew was coming was finally popped!

“Angie, why don’t you ever where your hair down?”

Now, I had to think about how I was gonna answer this without sounding like a weirdo!

So, I basically spoke the truth, and just told them I am growing my hair and I retain more hair when I wear it up in a bun. I got a few looks, but for the most part it went over well.

I did have one of my classmates beg for me to wear it down, I told her I will in December when I get my touch-up! She tried to convince me on how using heat one time would not hurt me (which she is right, but that’s only if it’s done properly), and to let her straighten it for me. I smiled and told her “maybe”.

Most of the women in class are heat abusers and use entirely too much heat for me. My poor strands would disintegrate under that much heat. They have the entire class smoking from just one or two people blow drying!!! It’s crazy!

As some of you may know, I recently enrolled in Empire Beauty School. I’m a little more than two months in and everyone is starting to feel comfortable with one another, and the question that I knew was coming was finally popped!

Now, I had to think about how I was gonna answer this without sounding like a weirdo!

So, I basically spoke the truth, and just told them I am growing my hair and I retain more hair when I wear it up in a bun. I got a few looks, but for the most part it went over well.

I did have one of my classmates beg for me to wear it down, I told her I will in December when I get my touch-up! She tried to convince me on how using heat one time would not hurt me (which she is right, but that’s only if it’s done properly), and to let her straighten it for me. I smiled and told her “maybe”.

Most of the women in class are heat abusers and use entirely too much heat for me. My poor strands would disintegrate under that much heat. They have the entire class smoking from just one or two people blow drying!!! It’s crazy!

I have never understood why a grown woman would beg another grown woman to let her do her hair, I just don't get it. I know you are not going to let any of them near your head with a blowdryer or flat-iron:burning: :lol:! Good luck with beauty school though, I bet you are enjoying it:yep:.

I have never understood why a grown woman would beg another grown woman to let her do her hair, I just don't get it. I know you are not going to let any of them near your head with a blowdryer or flat-iron:burning: :lol:! Good luck with beauty school though, I bet you are enjoying it:yep:.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :D

I could see them asking that at a beauty school though.

I know! But I knew it was coming sooner or later. Like in any classroom setting, you got your know-it-alls and they are always ready to critique others while they’re running around with 3 greasy strands that barely move! (However I digress):look:
Overall I’m enjoying the class, the last module was hair cutting…that was really fun!!!

You should probably be teaching the class with all of the good info here on LHCF. Are many/any of the other girls in the class active here on the forum? If so, yall should hijack the class and really teach them something!

Last edited:
You should probably be teaching the class with all of the good info here on LHCF. Are many/any of the other girls in the class active here on the forum? If so, yall should hijack the class and really teach them something!

Nope, I don't think there is any other LHCF'er in class!

So, um, are they teaching at that school how to not use sooo much heat?:look:

I know! But I knew it was coming sooner or later. Like in any classroom setting, you got your know-it-alls and they are always ready to critique others while they’re running around with 3 greasy strands that barely move! (However I digress):look:
Overall I’m enjoying the class, the last module was hair cutting…that was really fun!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Ok WHYYYYYYYY did I get a visual of this??? Did anybody see "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka"? Anne-Marie's character with three strands and a bow. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I hate when people are really insistent about seeing my hair down. It just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Also, it's scary and sad that those future hairdressers are such heat abusers. The cycle continues.:nono:

At least we'll have you in our corner, Charmtreese. :)

Preach it!! People are ALWAYS bugging me too!!!

Wishing you much success in Beauty school!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

You are going to be an excellent stylist. Whomever you get as a customer is going to be so glad they found you!

Good luck honey. Let us know when you finish.

Back