THE SPLIT ENDER! GREAT NEWS FOR LONG HAIR.

laketta

I WAS WATCHING TV THIS MORNING AND I SAW THIS INFOMERCIAL ABOUT A TOOL CALLED THE SPLIT ENDER. ITS A BRUSH THAT TRIMS OFF ONLY SPLIT ENDS AND IT LEAVES THE HEALTHY ENDS ALONE. SO NO MORE CLIPPING TWO INCHES OFF OUR HAIR.
I ORDERED ONE. I WAS SOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO SEE THIS BECAUSE I CAN CONTROL MY ENDS WITHOUT CUTTING MY HAIR. ESPECIALLY IF IT IS NOT REALLY NECESSARY. ITS MADE BY REVO THE SAME PEOPLE WHO CAME UP WITH THE REVO STYLER. THEIR WEBSITE IS www.SPLITENDER.COM

C

Cami

I read the link and I quite don't understand how it only catches the split ends?? Let us know how it works.

E

EgyptianSand16

could you update us when you use it? Not a lot of people were happy with the Revostyler (couple of my friends used it) I am not so quick to trust them with any products they come up with

LondonDiva

After seeing an infomercial about the revo styler I'm scared to even consider trying any products for hair. I'll just clip them with the scissors.

laketta

WELL THE INFOMERCIAL MAD IT SEEM EASY AND EFFORTLESS. ILL TRY THIS BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO SEE THE EVIL SCISSORS FOR SOME TIME.

kasey

I saw the infomercial and as badly as I need a trim, (and really don't want to go to a salon,) I wasn't convinced it would work.

I hope that your experience can prove otherwise.

-kc

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
I too wonder how this works. I'm too chicken to try it out on my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

LondonDiva

These infomercial channels usually have a webiste. Did this one have a website where we could read up on this product a lil more?

azul11

I dont am not to sure of their product either because I remember people saying the revostyler made by the same companies tangled their hair badly. plus i have learned to be very leery of informericals unless i know people who have personally used the product. i remember watching the copa informerical and it seemed so promising to be an alternative to the conventional methods of relaxing. debbie allen was hosting it and used her daughter. i know that really reeled them in and then came in the complaints. so be careful with it. God bless you all.

Dejuan42

the split ender? yeah right lol how a tool smart enough to know where u have split ends not ever single hair on yo hair the same length. One strand might have a split in in the middle of your hair. I wouldnt mess with that thing.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

My bestfriend bought a split ender and sent it right back after using it once. I sat there watching her as she pulled it thru her hair for over an hour. The thing was sooooo loud, she had to close the bathroom door because she kept waking my daughter up. An hour+ later, she went to empty it and 3 sad little pieces of hair fell out.....yeah that's right THREE! Her hair looked and felt exactly as it did before the process. The verdict...it was a total waste of time and money (like most tv money back gimmicks, they don't refund s&h). Spend your money on a trim at a salon and save yourself the headache.

laketta

I used it today and shockingly, it did a great job. It did exactly what it was supposed to do. My style did not change but the ends were in the little compartment that catches it. I even looked at the little hairs myself and saw that they measured 1/8 th of an inch (like they promised) and that it got the bad ends. (I really needed a trim! there were a lot of hairs in there.)I went over my entire head sectioning off small parts and going over the parts 2 times. I followed the instructions and it worked. The only thing was that i had product in my hair although it tells you not to have it in your hair (but only enough to give my hair some slip. It was not wet or greasy so the bursh can go through smoothly) When I finished, I sprayed my hair with surge.

The only bad thing is getting all the little hairs off the blade. (cleaning) I dont want to cut myself or mess up the thing so i just shake out what I can.

I got the hang of it so now that's one less service I will need from stylists. I know some people are having a hard time with it but it is working fine for me.

By the way, I started using surge on monday and I am not shedding as much as I was so I can't wait until 14 days to see how much my hair has improved.

moriahar

I bought the splint ender years ago. I only did my entire tow or three times, it did clip my ends (just the ends). It was time consuming but it did work.

How it works:
You pull it through your hair in small sections just as you would a flat iron. You squeeze the handles together as you pull it through your hair. While you pull it through your hair, there is a hump inbetween the brush/comb which bends your hair and exposes the ends of the strands of hair. During this time the blade spins and cuts off and 1/8 inch or less of your hair.
When you look in the mirror you won't really tell the difference but it worked for me.

I can't honestly say that this is the best way to clip your split ends, BUT it is a GREAT mechanism for DUSTING.

If you used it and only saw a few hairs when you went to dump the compartment out, you probably had the blade directional switch in the wrong position.

Reading this post made me pull mine out. I'm gonna use it right now!

moriahar

Interesting. Is this less consuming than the "Search and destroy" method?

I'm unfamiliar with "search and destroy" but assume that you mean looking for splits and clipping them out. That, I don't have the patience or good vision for. But using the split ender takes me about an hour- just as long as it takes me to flat iron.
HTH

Geminigirl

after watching the video I don't see how this would work with my natural type 4 hair unless I straighten first. How much does this cost? I am kinda interested. I don't think it's as good as a trim especially if your hair is really damaged but I think it can help some with breakage and your hair splitting all the way up.

I need to see a video of a black girl with some actual nice hair. That video I mean her hair was ok but it's not that healthy and it didn't look spectacular at the end.