THE SPLIT ENDER! GREAT NEWS FOR LONG HAIR.

moriahar

how is this only for long hair?

I would say that you would need maybe 3 or 4 inches of hair since the "plate" is 2" wide and you'll need a little hair to grip to pass it thru. The shortest section of my hair is 3.5" so I can't speak for anything less than that.

Maybe someone else can chime in.

***I maybe statting the obvious but this gaget works best on hair that's completely straight and detangled. Speanking from experience, you could really do some damage trying to get this through even a minor tangle. *** :nono:

Geminigirl

Oh when they said long I was assuming LONG down the back atleast full APL LONG. But 3 inches cool. I know I atleast have that.

Tee

I remember Tsmith ordered this and I think she really liked it too. OP, glad you found something that really worked for you.

moriahar

Gemini: my hair is mostly shoulder length but there is an area in the back that is 3.5 :wallbash: (I measured as I was posting) so ..... NOPE.... you don't have to be APL. :D
Just need about 3 detangled and straightened inches.

I got it from Target maybe 3 or 4 years ago and I think I paid about $25 for it. Check amazon and eBay.

If your really damaged I would suggest getting a real trim first and the using this everyonce and a while get the very ends of your hair.

longhairlover

this was out a looooooooooong time ago, i'm not sure i'd trust it because my ends are curly when not flat ironed so if I would run that across my ends it would probably take them all off when they aren't split.

moriahar

this was out a looooooooooong time ago, i'm not sure i'd trust it because my ends are curly when not flat ironed so if I would run that across my ends it would probably take them all off when they aren't split.

I don't want to feel responsible for your it taking off your ends so I not replying to your comment, but I just wanted to say that your hair in you avatar is GAWJESS!!! :D

melodies815

My only concern - which is actually a big concern for me - is that the diagram on the site shows clearly what the Split Ender does. It removes the hair where it it split along the shaft. (Remember in the video where the lady's hair would raise up at various points along her length?) Well...if the Split Ender removes hairs where they split, then that would make the hair thinner in certain spots, this rendering the total hair weaker with time as it grows longer.

That leads me to think that a regular dust or trim when needed is better than this tool. I think it probably does what it says it will do...but that that might not be the best thing for our hair. Over time, a single strand that is not uniformly thick all the way down the shaft will break.

I'd rather trim now to avoid breakage later than trim now and cause breakage later.

Does that make sense?

cj

FindingMe

I had this back in the day and it trimmed my ends, but not sure about them being split before it trimmed and also made my hair kind of jagged. i didn't like it, I prefer to use sharp professional shears to trim my hair.

Ericka

I still have mine but haven't used it in years. I might end up throwing it away when I do some cleaning.

2themax

I saw the infomercial and wrote to them to ask how could a tool such as theirs ONLY cut the split ends without cutting the other hairs.:rolleyes: I'm sorry but it's been too long of a hair growing struggle to simply make someone else rich while I lose more length. If I can see some "positive"actual results of this product, then maybe just maybe I'll give it a shot! This also depends on my budget no matter what the cost. But thanks for the info!

DaDragonPrincess

I can't wait to get mines, It can be my dusting tool, it don't clip that much hair, its way better then going to the salon with a scissor happy stylist giving you a hair cut. :yep: I will let you ladies know how I like it, the customer service is so sweet, if yall order ask for Jerry, he is a sweetheart, he will give you rush shipping free of charge, tell him Fatima sent ya,lol :grin:

PPGbubbles

looks like a weapon of mass destruction to me! I get how it works but I dont trust that blade! Tracee method does the same thing....without trusting your hair to the fate of the mechanical hair sheering gods!!! lmao

I rather spend the time doing it my self with decent hair shears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3C0ndGIZpg

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
looks like a weapon of mass destruction to me! I get how it works but I dont trust that blade! Tracee method does the same thing....without trusting your hair to the fate of the mechanical hair sheering gods!!! lmao

I do Traycee's method and it is great. I just need something quicker and able to get every hair. It would take me many many sessions to even come close to getting all the different levels of my ends cut. I plan on doing S&D's more frequently and I need to cut down on the time it takes.

PPGbubbles

I do Traycee's method and it is great. I just need something quicker and able to get every hair. It would take me many many sessions to even come close to getting all the different levels of my ends cut. I plan on doing S&D's more frequently and I need to cut down on the time it takes.

Best of luck to you! You have such a beautiful head of hair :lick:

I just wouldnt trust my locks to a machine, but I understand that having so much hair could be a pain to properly S & D

tdwillis

I bought this and trust me, stay away from it. That thing eats your hair alive and will definitely lead to a major setback. It does make your hair look jagged.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Best of luck to you! You have such a beautiful head of hair :lick:

I just wouldnt trust my locks to a machine, but I understand that having so much hair could be a pain to properly S & D

Thanks. Its more than a pain especially since my hair gets splits so easy. I am with you about being wary about this thing though.

Child0fGod

man i really want this.
i got online tonight just to search "split ends," because mine are getting out of control since i no longer visit a stylist (i do my own hair now, TY LHCF :)).

btw,
this IS great news for long hair! i still have my length and this is great for "bone-straight" girls. ...just wish it wasn't 60 bucks! recently dropped $80 on a solia and it was sooo worth it!

will probably invest in this product too.
thanks girls.

Child0fGod

wow that was a really great video. learned something new (twisting method) with "trimming scissors." will stick with that!

thanks again!

Fhrizzball

I feel this would only work with people with bone straight hair and no layers at all. Looks way more intimidating than that machine that braids your hair for you.

Geminigirl

I am scared of this now. I wonder if it would be safer just to only run it over your ends instead of the length of your hair?