The Time Stealers

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Saturday, March 13, 2010 Print Article
Leave a Comment
The Time Stealers
Tanya James
I have a confession - several of them actually.
... I don't study my Word as much as I should
... I don't always pray without ceasing
... Sometimes I worry about things instead of walking in faith.
... Sometimes I get road rage and have to catch myself from dropping a 4 letter word.
... Sometimes I hold a grudge and allow anger and bitterness to build up inside.
... Sometimes I can be judgmental.
... Sometimes I don't take care of my temple (my body) the way I should by eating right and exercising.
... Sometimes I procrastinate, make excuses or I just allow the spirit of laziness to take over.
... Sometimes I try to ignore the nudging of the Holy Spirit and continue doing what I want to do.
I'm sure I could continue but I think you get the point. I'm not perfect - far from it. But what I've come to realize is the more time I spend with God, quality time with God, the more I desire to be more like Him. And when that desire is strong, I'm less likely to do and say things that contradict His likeness.
The more time I spend studying God's Word, the stronger I get to turn away from sinful ways (actions). The more time I spend in prayer, the more my faith increases.
And like many, I have been quick to say there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. And that excuse has caused me to often neglect my quality time with God.
Yet, I can always find time to watch my favorite television show. I can always find time to flip through my favorite magazine. I can always find time to check my face book and twitter accounts. I can always find time to carry on text message conversations.
Guess what that says to me? "You make time for what's important to you"
So if I review my day, what seems to be most important? Is it finding out what my friend's latest status update is? Or is finding out what instructions God has for me?
I know what should be my priority and I also know what I have to do about it.
... I may have to get up earlier in the morning.
... I may have to take that twitter and facebook app off my cell phone and replace it with a Bible app.
... I may have to turn the computer and the television off.
... I may even have to turn the ringer off my blackberry sometimes.
Whatever it takes, I will make God my priority. I will spend quality alone time with Him daily.
Prayer, studying the Word and spending time with God must be a part of our lifestyle or else we will continue to try to "re-introduce" ourselves to God every time a crisis arises.
I encourage you to look at your daily schedule and figure out what is keeping you from interacting with God each day. What sacrifices must you make to assure you keep a healthy relationship with God? Whatever it is, I guarantee it won't take long to realize it's worth giving up. Try it! You will be amazed at how much more you get done when your priorities are in order!
Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Renaylor

Thank you for this post. I too am guilty of the "time stealers". I have not been walking up early like I used to to read the Bible and pray but I have started again. When I start my day reading the word I have a better day. We spend so much time being "busy" but God is never to busy for us. There is a time and a place for everything whether it is a magazine, facebook, or some other electronic device however the time we spend with God is important, precious and will make us more like him. Let the Bible and prayer overtake our lives because this world has overtaken enough of ours. Satan loves it when our minds are on worldly things. Our mind is a battefield and he uses it his advantage. To conquer his tactics we need the armour of God -the word and prayer.

Renewed1

Thank God for Technology!! I have a bible app on my Iphone and I have an audible app where someone is reading the bible. So I'm getting my word in while I was at work; plus I can play the apps in my car.

One of my friends is doing soemthing called Morning Glory. She dedicates 15 minutes of her morning (prior to work) to pray and talk to God. What a great way to dedicate your day to Him! I did this yesterday and the time does fly.