THE TRUTH ABOUT HAIR GROWTH

Lucky's Mom

Hey Ladies!
This was on another forum............
Sometimes (OK,all of the time) we are impatient about our hair growth, I found this on hairboutique.com and thought I would post it. Enjoy! It is nothing that we have not heard before, but sometimes we need a reminder!

1. Growing long hair takes commitment!(YES IT DOES!)
2. Hair, except in rare cases, when it is growing at its optimal genetic rate - will only grow 6-8 inches per year.
3. If your have hair that is currently chin length and want it to be below your bra - take a ruler and measure the space between where your hair is currently and where you want it to be.
4. If you need 6 inches to reach your bra strap, plan on it taking 10-12 months for your hair to grow to your goal length. Every person is different and it may take you a longer or short time depending on a wide variety of factors.
5. It is very important if you make the personal commitment to grow your hair long that you do all the right things which includes the following things:</STRONG>​
  • Proper nutrition.</STRONG>​
  • Drinking enough daily fluids. </STRONG>​
  • Minimizing unhealthy hair care habits (chemicals, hot tool use, damaging hair care product use).</STRONG>​
  • Eliminating hair growth retarding lifestyle habits (excessive caffeine, sugar, nicotine, alcohol, junk foods).</STRONG>​
  • Getting enough sleep, rest and relaxation.</STRONG>​
  • Taking vitamins, minerals & herbs. Because of the current condition of the earth and exhausted soil, human beings must take nutritional supplements to operate at their maximum hair growth rates. Whether you take a good multi-vitamin or a product designed to grow hair - this is an essential component for growing hair at your maximum potential.</STRONG>​

Duchesse

whoever's hair grows 8 inches a year, i'm gonna find them and punch them in the face

My lawd! You sho is gangsta! :lachen::lachen:I got your back tho' son, dats my word.

Those are very simple and helpful reminders..thanks for posting!

Aggie

For real though SJ, thanks for the reminder honey. We often forget that our diets play one of the, if not the chief role in proper healthy hair care. I needed this reminder because I have been drinking toooo much coffee lately.

CenteredGirl

:amen:Wow,

If I had read this a few years ago, I would have not taken this road. It's pretty overwhelming when you see it in print.

The good news is that we as we establish new hair care habits, they become integrated into our life journey and become less overwhelming. Thank God!

locabouthair

For real though SJ, thanks for the reminder honey. We often forget that our diets play one of the, if not the chief role in proper healthy hair care. I needed this reminder because I have been drinking toooo much coffee lately.

so, so true.:yep:

Trace

I was just about to start a tread about how extremely slow my hair grows! Then I read this and it's a good reminder of how I need to get my diet together and to take a multi-vitamin just in general. But really, my hair grows sooooooooooo slow! I am hard-pressed to get 1/4 inch per month......YIKES! Caffine is a big one for me being that I just had an iced mocha. :perplexed