There aren't any hair secrets.

Mahalialee4

MonaRae said:
I think the secret to "us" having long hair is that WE CAN HAVE IT. We've been told that its just not possible and then "they" handed us a "super grow" product in one hand and with the other hand they held us down long enough to making us think that it was all in a product, sucking us dry of our hopes and draining out pockets.

LHCF is the best hair investment I ever made.

Greatpost!

glamazon386

Arcadian said:
With all the information on this site, all the experience on this site, it makes me wonder why people persist in thinking there's must be some hair secret that will take you from ear length to butt length in a week?

That secret is a weave. It'll get you there in about 3 hours. :look: J/K I don't get it either. :lol:

GoingNatural

bmoreflyygirl said:
That secret is a weave. It'll get you there in about 3 hours. :look: J/K I don't get it either. :lol:

Shoot a proper weave DEFINITELY makes it easier.

But yeah I don't know why people think there is a secret either. No secret just good practices and techniques.

DeepBluSea

Closer1 said:
ITA....before discovering the LHCF accidentaly( reseaching virgin hair fertilizer LOL I don't even touch that stuff) I would have fallen for the charlatans hawking hair secrets. We are in a society where every brew is considered the hair miracle that will have our hair growing to our ankles, therefore making it easy for some to make money off the urge we have to obtain long flowing hair. It is up to us to open our eyes and realize those secrets are tricks and lies.

ITA. Before discovering hair boards, I prolly would have feel for some of these "secrets" as well.

glamazon386

GoingNatural said:
Shoot a proper weave DEFINITELY makes it easier.

But yeah I don't know why people think there is a secret either. No secret just good practices and techniques.

That it does!

Radianthealth

You may not be comfortable calling it a secret but properly taking care of Black hair is not something that is common knowledge.

If it was I wouldn't have joined this board. It isn't a secret but I didn't know about moisturizing with waterbased products and moisture protein balance and low manipulation and porosity

May not be a secret but it definitely isn't common sense at least for me it wasn't:look:

I think once you figure it out and understand how things work for you it can be simple but unlearning all the things that you were taught for years is difficult so the things that are common on this site may seem like some type of "secret" to most women.

I think the word secret is very "sexy" and has great "marketing appeal" really it is a best practice that may not be very common