Thermal protection - Biosilk or NTM serum?

amazin9

I am looking for a light thermal protector for flat ironing my hair. I hair QP Mango Butter, but it is to heavy. I bought QP Silk, but I didn't like it much. My hair dosen't feel silky. I have relaxed fine hair that is just grazing my shoulders. I have heard good things about Biosilk silk therapy and NTM serum. Which one would give the best results for heat protection and flat ironing?
confused.gif

I've heard good things about both and both seem to have the similar properties (light, gives shine, great thermal protection, good ingredients, etc.) I guess the only diff would be in price: NTM is much cheaper!!!! I would probably try that first before investing in the more expensive Biosilk. I also hear that Paul Mitchell's serum is pretty good, too.

BTW- I have tried Bio and it's cool, but I prefer Keracare's serum for flat-ironing.

Yeah, it does just like a lot of spritzes that people use as thermal/styling agents. I think that's why I prefer KeraCare b/c (to me) it gives a deeper shine because it doesn't have it (alcohol). NTM doesn't have alcohol, either. Biosilk is used by a lot of people prior to blowdrying and flat-ironing successfully b/c of the other ingredients (silk proteins, etc) that protect hair from heat.

What is the name of the Keracare serum? I am located near Ulta, and they sell Keracare. I am interested in a product without alcohol. Alcohol is not a friend to my hair!

I personally really love Biosilk. I don't use any heat on my hair anymore, but I do think it's perfect for daily use because it makes your hair so shiny and light.

[ QUOTE ]
amazin9 said:
What is the name of the Keracare serum? I am located near Ulta, and they sell Keracare. I am interested in a product without alcohol. Alcohol is not a friend to my hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulta is the perfect place to buy Keracare and Biosilk! Heck, almost anything related to beauty b/c they offer coupons!!!
smile.gif
Anyhoo- the blowdrying complex serum is the one I use by Keracare (in the sm white bottle). It is thicker, therefore, HEAVIER than Biosilk so use it sparingly. You don't need to slather it on... My hair is always light and bouncy when I use it b/c I don't use a lot. If you're heavyhanded, NTM is much lighter and so is the Paul Mitchell skinny serum (no alcohol). Again, haven't tried either yet, but very tempted
smirk.gif
. If you get Keracare, let me know how it works for you.

Back