thin ends...

lilchanel

I'm right at brastrap but my ends are not as thick. It's about 2-3 inches at the most. It's not really that bad but it is noticable to me. Should I cut the 2-3 inches or should I continue with my trims as normal?

inthepink

I really enjoy the length of my hair now that I got rid of my thin ends. It's nice that's it's growing out without me thinking of when I need to get rid of those thin ends. Still, I don't think you necessarily need to get rid of all 3 inches at once. Why not cut 1 inch this month, another inch in another month, and then the final inch if you feel you need to ease into it. If you don't think you'll miss the length, then I'd say go for the 3 inches...esp if you've established a regimen that will help your hair grow without thinning (splitting, etc).

northernbelle

I would trim the ends. I think you will feel better, and your hair will look better. Sometimes it is not worth hanging on to thinning ends just to maintain length.

northernbelle

DigitalRain

I had the same thing going on, the last few inches were thing. I decided to cut all at once. I 'm glad I did my hair looks so much better, and thicker. I've even noticed that detangling has become a whole lot easier.

ElizaBlue

My goodness, I was just thinking the same darn thing. I've been doing protective styles and could not understand why my ends would be thinning anyway. But it's about the last two-three inches that look dry and crunchy. It makes my hair seem thinner all over.

lilchanel

yep, same thing with me. The ends look very dry. My stylist told me that I should continue with my trims after each relaxer. She told me that I didn't have to go with a cut if I didn't want to..

I'm just getting to the point to where I don't think I want to hang on the the thin ends anymore. When I curl it, the curls won't even hold.
I have been sticking to rollersets which give it a real healthy look. My hair is somewhat thin anyway.

Since I have been going the the stylist, I have noticed major growth and thickness. I guess I'm just anxious for an overall healthy appearance. It seems to be taking FOREVER to fill out nicely.

inthepink

I tried getting rid of my thin ends inch by inch by then I got fed up with the "look" of my hair so I got rid of them all at once and I don't regret it. The look and detangling has gotten so much better.

lilchanel

I think I am getting really close to that point also. BTW, your hair is beautiful!!
You are doing a great job!!

inthepink

Your hair is very nice, thick, and healthy Cat! I agree - the look and health is more important than the length. What's the point if you can't wear it out and have it look nice?

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
My ends don't even get the chance to thin before I trim...I don't care how much I have to cut, I'll take health over lenght anyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!

lilchanel

I did it ladies!! Thanks for the extra push that I needed. I have lost about 2 1/2 inches, I am no longer brastrap but it's so nice and bouncy. No more see through ends.