Things That Christians Notice...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
What things stand out to you as a Christian? What do you notice that perhaps someone who is not a Christian take note of.

Example:

When I see a storefront Church, I think of the sacrifices made by the congregation to keep their Church going. I notice the hearts that went into beginning their Ministry. Their faith in God to keep them going.

Nice & Wavy

What things stand out to you as a Christian? What do you notice that perhaps someone who is not a Christian take note of.

Example:

When I see a storefront Church, I think of the sacrifices made by the congregation to keep their Church going. I notice the hearts that went into beginning their Ministry. Their faith in God to keep them going.
Hmmm..... :thought:

When I go into a church and its clean, especially the women's bathrooms...it lets me know that not only are there people taking care to make sure that people are comfortable when they come to the building, but that its a serious ministry:yep:. Most people don't like to clean the bathrooms. There are many pastors that do it because there isn't many people who will. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member

When I go into a church and its clean, especially the women's bathrooms...it lets me know that not only are there people taking care to make sure that people are comfortable when they come to the building, but that its a serious ministry:yep:. Most people don't like to clean the bathrooms. There are many pastors that do it because there isn't many people who will. :yep:

It takes the heart of love and humility for one to clean a bathroom. It's a job no ones feels they are low enough to do.

Yet......

They have no problem using it nor complaining when they have to 'wait'... or if there's no bathroom tissue on the roll; or soap to wash their hands.

Hmmmmmm...

God bless RICHLY those who have ever cleaned a bathroom...anywhere. A great and rich blessing and reward awaits them. A new bathroom suite of their dreams and much more.

In Jesus' Name... Amen. :yep:

Sheriberi

When I see someone with a worn-out, falling apart Bible, I know that they DON'T need (or want) a new one.

Shimmie

Staff member
When I see someone with a worn-out, falling apart Bible, I know that they DON'T need (or want) a new one.

:amen: Their Bible is well loved and well-read. This is someone who LOVES the Word of God...truly. :yep:

This reminds me. I have several Bibles and quite a few of them are truly worn, Yet I can never ever part from them.

God's Word... Always a Keeper in Our Hearts. :love3:

Nice & Wavy

I have another one....when people have their notebooks with pen in hand, taking notes in church. Shows me they really do care about what is being preached AND that they are able to go home and have a personal bible study using their notes.

Shimmie

Staff member
I have another one....when people have their notebooks with pen in hand, taking notes in church. Shows me they really do care about what is being preached AND that they are able to go home and have a personal bible study using their notes.

This is so true. Noting the scriptures and message points are valuable as it helps our spiritual growth. :yep:

On my notes, I also have the day, date, and time. Even side notes such as the weather, small things I've noticed, and my thoughts and other scriptures which come to mind as I'm listening to a message. Somehow God brings these things all together.

This is a good note, Precious Wavy... :yep:

Nice & Wavy

This is so true. Noting the scriptures and message points are valuable as it helps our spiritual growth. :yep:

On my notes, I also have the day, date, and time. Even side notes such as the weather, small things I've noticed, and my thoughts and other scriptures which come to mind as I'm listening to a message. Somehow God brings these things all together.

This is a good note, Precious Wavy... :yep:
I do too and I always underline each scripture chapter and verse. I make little footnotes too on the side. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
I do too and I always underline each scripture chapter and verse. I make little footnotes too on the side. :yep:

Those 'extra' notes always seem to come together. They also mark for a testimony. How God used a message to heal a situation in our lives. If I was going through something during that time and the Word came during a service that 'healed' and brought me through it.

Those notes put me in 'remembrance' of how Faithful God is... :love2:

:up: :yep: :up:

Iwanthealthyhair67

At my church we have 4 courts; love, peace, joy and righteousness as priests of the Lord we each take turns keeping the church clean, from the three year old to the oldest personal 70 share in this responsibility, we can pay someone to do this but why.

It's a sacrifice but one the Lord honors, while cleaning we pray preparing the temple for worship and for those who would come, this teaches our young women how to properly clean and our children mindful of making a mess leaving it for others to clean.

Shimmie

Staff member
At my church we have 4 courts; love, peace, joy and righteousness as priests of the Lord we each take turns keeping the church clean, from the three year old to the oldest personal 70 share in this responsibility, we can pay someone to do this but why.

It's a sacrifice but one the Lord honors, while cleaning we pray preparing the temple for worship and for those who would come, this teaches our young women how to properly clean and our children mindful of making a mess leaving it for others to clean.

This is a beautiful testimony, Healthy Hair :love2: The prayers or preparation for worship and for the younger women and children. :yep:

P.S.: If you notice, the very first room I decorated when I moved was......

the bathroom. :yep:

I had some practice.... :Rose:

Nice & Wavy

Those 'extra' notes always seem to come together. They also mark for a testimony. How God used a message to heal a situation in our lives. If I was going through something during that time and the Word came during a service that 'healed' and brought me through it.

Those notes put me in 'remembrance' of how Faithful God is... :love2:

:up: :yep: :up:
Many of teachings has come from my notes, especially my journal.

Also, writing things down help you to remember and it helps when you are ministering to someone too...:yep:

Nice & Wavy

I love this!:grin:

I knew you are very special...you are in the "Keeping the Temple clean" ministry!!! Love you sis! :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
^^I remember it is so white and pristine I'd be scared to tinkle in there, just beautiful!

Girl....her bathroom is so clean and sooooo white! I love it!

I'd be scared too :giggle:

:rofl: You both are hilarious :rofl:

Trust me... it gets well used. :lol:

I have to show you the bathrooms in Florida. The men in the family 'tiptoe' ... they know to keep it clean. Use the hamper not the floor for linens and socks. :fistshake: :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
I love this!:grin:

I knew you are very special...you are in the "Keeping the Temple clean" ministry!!! Love you sis! :love2:

Oh my Goodness! 'The Keeping the Temple Clean Ministry' Healthy Hair is indeed very special. She worships God in all she does and even in places that one may consider 'low', instead, Healthy Hair makes it worthy and a glory unto God and man.

We Praise God for her. :pray: :Rose: :love3:

Nice & Wavy

I have to show you the bathrooms in Florida. The men in the family 'tiptoe' ... they know to keep it clean. Use the hamper not the floor for linens and socks. :fistshake: :lol:
"Use the hamper not the floor" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Oh my Goodness! 'The Keeping the Temple Clean Ministry' Healthy Hair is indeed very special. She worships God in all she does and even in places that one may consider 'low', instead, Healthy Hair makes it worthy and a glory unto God and man.

We Praise God for her. :pray: :Rose: :love3:
I know right...that came right out of my spirit :yep::yep::yep:

She is a true blessing to my life...love her dearly!

stephluv

Iwanthealthyhair67 && @Nice & Wavy

now i want to see her bathrooms....hmm i'll be honest I havent cleaned the bathroom in my church but I have assisted with vacumming and I put linens as well as tables away....I need to learn from you ladies about being more ladylike (knowing my "role") maybe thats why i havent met my husband yet I got a lot to learn...hmmm maybe we need to start a thread about this...mentoring for us younger women on preparation on being a good christian woman/wife...... i know a few ppl that can clean & cook but doesnt have a good prayerlife...and also those that know the word but live in a hot mess

SORRY venting/ranting carry on lol

stephluv

as my walk with the Lord has improved I too notice alot more in my everyday passing

when I enter a church I feel truly welcomed when I see greeters who give me a genuine smile...it makes me feel that the church is not just looking for numbers but for souls and fellowship...

also churches that actually contact visitors!!! My most welcoming visit was when about a wk later the pastor rode to my house on a harley! I live in a predominately black neighborhood so to have this white gentleman ride 30min from his city to mine to check up on me encouraged me to be more open to others

Shimmie

Staff member
Iwanthealthyhair67 && @Nice & Wavy

now i want to see her bathrooms....hmm i'll be honest I havent cleaned the bathroom in my church but I have assisted with vacumming and I put linens as well as tables away....I need to learn from you ladies about being more ladylike (knowing my "role") maybe thats why i havent met my husband yet I got a lot to learn...hmmm maybe we need to start a thread about this...mentoring for us younger women on preparation on being a good christian woman/wife...... i know a few ppl that can clean & cook but doesnt have a good prayerlife...and also those that know the word but live in a hot mess

SORRY venting/ranting carry on lol

Nothing trumps a good prayer life and this is what you have in 'diamonds'. :yep:

As for my bathroom, I made a wedding bow and tied it around my toilet. :lol:

I attached pics... :lol:

Attachments

• Rug and Drape 3 w Bowed Lid 1.jpg
    Rug and Drape 3 w Bowed Lid 1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Rug and Drape 2.jpg
    Rug and Drape 2.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 24

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, you have WHITE carpet in your bathroom?! Wow! I'd be asking the neighbors if I could use the bathroom, afraid I'd get yours dirty.

:lol::lol::lol:

I have several 'back-ups'. :lol: Right now there is an 'island blue' carpet on the bathroom floor.

Here's a fuller view of the bathroom:

$5 for a set of white curtain sheers (instead of a regular shower curtain)

$20 for the faux fur rug.

$10 worth of white rug 'back-ups'. :lol:

Attachments

• Bathroom View Inside 1.jpg
    Bathroom View Inside 1.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 36
  • BthLid Closeup 2.jpg
    BthLid Closeup 2.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Bahama Retreat 1.jpg
    Bahama Retreat 1.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 32

momi

^^^ love this.

momi

Nothing trumps a good prayer life and this is what you have in 'diamonds'. :yep:

As for my bathroom, I made a wedding bow and tied it around my toilet. :lol:

I attached pics... :lol:

Ohhhh Sis. Shimmie - honey you've got it goin on when your toilet area looks this beautiful.

Pristine.com

momi

as my walk with the Lord has improved I too notice alot more in my everyday passing

when I enter a church I feel truly welcomed when I see greeters who give me a genuine smile...it makes me feel that the church is not just looking for numbers but for souls and fellowship...

also churches that actually contact visitors!!! My most welcoming visit was when about a wk later the pastor rode to my house on a harley! I live in a predominately black neighborhood so to have this white gentleman ride 30min from his city to mine to check up on me encouraged me to be more open to others

Yes stephluv - please start the thread!

<<<tapping my foot>>>

Shimmie

Staff member

Your Pastor is truly dedicated. He takes his members to heart. That's a good man who loves the Lord. :yep: