Things You've Learned About God This Past Year!!!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

What have you stuck to your ribcage this past year in learning about G-d, His providence, love, blessings as well as the sufferings He allows for His glory...in your relationship with Him?

Since I love music, I have to quote Jeremy Camp's song, "You Take Me Back." This song says so tenderly what I have put to my heart this past year...that G-d takes me back, always in, even though the pain is coming through, You take me back, always in, a heart that bleeds forgiveness and Your response will always be, I'll take you back, even when your fight is over now.

For me, it's the mundane sacrament of penance...always taking me back. When I fall, I get up and keep going. And He is always there, visibly in that sacrament where I know through the authority and words spoken, that I'm taken back, always in. It now makes sense. As long as I keep coming, I'm home. It shed new life and light on that sacrament for me in ways I hadn't imagined. I know where I'm supposed to be. I may not have it all together, but I know where I am and where He is and that He placed me tenderly in this place and I'm forever grateful.

Last edited:

Netta1

sidebar I like Jeremy's music too! I am looking for some really good messianic worship music if you know of any let me know....

Let see what have a learned relearned this year so far....

GOD is patient, but GOD has a requirement and a standard

GOD is bigger than anything that I have or desire to have...

GOD is greater than "my" ministery...

GOD does not like a prideful heart...

GOD is PERFECT even when his actions are seemingly terrible...

GOD's grace is still VERY sufficient...

Jenibo

I recently started getting closer to God. So far i have learned that He truly loves me. I can't fully grasp how much but I know that He has blessed and favored me and for that I praise Him! I also learned that God DOES

Duchesse

That he truly doesn't forsake you, no matter how far you think He is from you or you are from Him. I verbally confessed my faith in God at the age of 12. From then and now, 15 years later, I have been through some crazy, turbulent times, and ran so far from Him, that I was a bordering atheist, doing some wild and crazy mess.

When I look back over my life, I can really see that wow! all this time, even when I would mock and scorn things of Him, he was still there calling me back. I deeply believe that God will never let one of his go astray for too long.

Highly Favored8

He is teaching me about my future husband-on Who God has placed for me. I am in deep study about him.

God is teaching me who he is-Jehovah Jireh!

God is teaching me to walk in the Spirit and no longer in the flesh!

Good thread OP

blazingthru

I learned so much I could not put it all in words. I have developed a close relationship with God and I have more understanding of God and I can say out of every fiber of my being that I love God. Learning the Promises of God has drawn me ever closer to God, I want to do things that please him more and more and its less and less about me. That in itself just blows me away.