Thining hair in the back!

Highly Favored8

My hair dresser also said today that doing ponytails is bad:wallbash: It thinned out the back of my hair a little bit:wallbash:. She said to postion the ponytail on a diffenent said instead of my back.:perplexed I would like to know what styles and products will thicken out my hair!

I am APL
I relax every 8-10 weeks.
I love to wear buns.
However if it makes it thin then what.
I take vitimans with hair and skin
I drinks lots of water.
Goal is BSL:yep:

dlewis

I agree with your hairdresser. Try moving the ponytail around and not wear out the same spot. That's what I do, I never have my buns in the same spot for more than two days. Also don't have the ponytails tight at all. The looser the better.

PaperClip

If you live in a cool climate and you are wearing a wool and/or acrylic scarf, that also contributes to thinning hair in the back/at the nape.

amwcah

Oh, yes! Ponytails will cause hair fallout in the nape area. If you must wear a ponytail, try a loose bun by twisting and securing with bobby pins only. I thickened up my hair by stretching my relaxers, keeping that area moisturized, not combing, and not wearing ponytails at all. I don't know about you, but I always had to have a tightly pulled ponytail. So therefore, I just opted to stop wearing them all together. For the majority of '07, I wore wigs as a protective style.

Here are my pics for inspiration. If I can do it, you can too! HHG!!!!

Attachments

• download2.jpg
    download2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 11