Thinking of a Regi Change--Help Me Decide.

prettypithy

I have been very happy with the results yielded by my regimen which involves washing, conditioning and deep conditioning my hair once a week. Recently, though I have experimented with washing etc. only every TWO weeks. At the end of two weeks, my hair is quite oily and feels more moisturized and less dry than it would after only one week. I wonder if I've been washing too much. Prior to LHCF, I was definitely a wash once every coupla months kind of girl. But given that I have been getting results, I am reluctant to change my regi. What do you guys think? Will washing only every two weeks hurt my hair?

MzSwift

Give it a try for a couple of months to see how you like it. Or cowash every other week instead of poo wash. That way, if you experience negative effects, you can recover by the end of the year reveals :-B

Ann0804

Your hair is lovely. I would stick to what has worked so well for you since you have had great results.

KittyMeowMeow

Hmm, if your hair and scalp feel good at the end of the two weeks, I would try this out for a little while and see how it works for you.

There's no particular time rule of when you *must* wash your hair. Everyone's hair and scalp is different and responds to different things- some need to wash twice a week because their scalp gets oily, some like longhairdontcare wash once a month with fabulous results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVC2DFVdsQU

If this works for you, it sounds like a good way to simplify your reggie and do less manipulation! But, if your scalp starts getting itchy or dirty, your hair looks too dry or too oily, you might go back to what you know works.

Another thing is, if you need to wash your scalp but your hair is ok, try just shampooing your scalp (mix w/ water in an applicator bottle). You can let the rinse just lightly clean your hair or hold your hair up if it doesn't need to be shampooed this time.

Good luck!

Last edited: