thinking of self relaxing

tri3nity

I have been thinking about self relaxing a lot lately. Especially when I recently saw one of my cousins in Louisiana who actually lives here in Houston, and we never see eachother. (Sorry for rambling) so, we have the same textured hair and Christmas 08' our hair was the same length. Hers is now mbl and gorgeous. She says she haven't had a trim in a over a year and she started self relaxing with motions, she does weekly dc with mayo and avocado oil, uses 911 leave-in and the green can of olive oil sheen to seal. That's it! And she uses heat once a week. I want that! So, I guess really I just need to know any self relaxer 4b success stories keeping it this simple?

Go for it. The only advice I have is please cover your already processed hair with a conditioner or hair grease. Your hair will stay nice and thick and you won't have to worry about overlapping. This has help me to keep my texlaxed hair on my head since I am sloppy with relaxing my hair.

Girl yes...

I am 4a/b and self perm. I agree with brucebettye "cover your already processed hair with a conditioner or hair grease. Your hair will stay nice and thick and you won't have to worry about overlapping."

I would strongly suggest you read up and research as much as you can before you take the plunge. The link provided above contains articles written by Sistaslick, who is an excellent source of information.

Good luck! Be very careful not to overlap. Personally, I tried self-relaxing once but could not do it again because I was not comfortable self-relaxing the back of my hair which I could not see well.

Well I posted this update in the wrong topic so to speak. ok Just finished relaxing my hair. It said leave it on 15-18 minutes tops. It ended up being 19 minutes. I think that's pretty good for a beginner. (I hope) It looks ok so far. I was out of SAA, it hasnt come yet from lotion crafters, but I added 1 teaspoons of evoo and 1 teaspoon of jojoba. I didnt burn and my hair feels really soft. I am now deep conditioning in addition to the Silk conditioner that they have for prior to using the neutralizing shampoo. I will give an update on tomorrow, because I'm going to wet wrap and allow it to dry about 50 % under a dryer and dry the rest over night. wish me luck!

Back