This shedding has to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dionne

I just washed my hair and used some nexxus keraphix for 5 mintues then followed with mizani moisturefuse for 45. I rinse my hair and proceeded to comb it out. All I could see was strands of hair coming out. My comb was full and if you could see the ball of hair on my counter you would think I would have no hair left. I thought it wasbecause of a dry scalp so I have been massaging in oil to see if that would help. IT IS JUST COMING OUT. I pull strands out all day and they just slide out root still attached. I have never had this happen this bad before. Help? /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Ebony

dionne, i would go see a dermatologist, girl. it sounds drastic, especially if they are coming out by the bulb /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Crysdon

Here are a few questions to ask yourself.

Did you just come out of braids or sew-in weave?
Do you have a stressful situation going on in your life?
Do you take vitamins? Particularly B's, Biotin and a good multi?
If you have a relaxer, did you wash it out thoroughly?
Do you live in a climate that's cold and frigid this time of year?

We are all here to help and I'm sure we will get through your shedding problem.

AZJeepgurl

Yikes! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Dionne: I was totally going to ask you some of the same questions Crysdon asked you. Especially about the braids or weaves and about washing out the relaxer all the way.

Listen, don't forget that our hair sheds like hundreds of hairs a day, supposedly. If there is that little white bulb at one of the ends, then that is where it came out of your scalp and that is pretty normal.

Definitely seek professional help if it really seems excessive to you!

Good luck, my friend!
Tammi
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jade21

Dionne,

How is the anemia going? Have you gone back to the doc yet to be tested again just to see where you are? Your hair can get very brittle and shed with this alone. The colder weather is simply a beast, too /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Please let us know how you are doing 'cause we do care a lot.

~Jade~

Dionne

I had a relaxer a couple of weeks ago so I don't think that is it. I haven't had braids or weave. I have been taking my vitamins but I have missed a week or two. I live in North Carolina and it really gets cold. This year the wind an drain have been horrible. The only stress I can think of is my lack of sleep. I have started a new school program and I have to get up at 5:45. I get home at 3:00 but stay so busy that I get to bed at 12:00. I don't to eat as well as I like but I have been drinking shakes and eating "nutrient" stuff inbetween my classes.

Dionne

I went to the docotor about 3 weeks ago. She told me to bring all of my vitamins with me. My levels have improved bt she says it is a slow process. As for as my vitamins go she was impressed and wanted to get some green source for herself. She thought my country life multimineral was a great choice. I had my beet juice and she asked me who I gave me that idea because it was a great one and she wants me to continue taking it even after my iron levels reach normal levels. I just have to have patience when it come it that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BrightEyes

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Dionne said:
I had a relaxer a couple of weeks ago so I don't think that is it. I haven't had braids or weave. I have been taking my vitamins but I have missed a week or two. I live in North Carolina and it really gets cold. This year the wind an drain have been horrible. The only stress I can think of is my lack of sleep. I have started a new school program and I have to get up at 5:45. I get home at 3:00 but stay so busy that I get to bed at 12:00. I don't to eat as well as I like but I have been drinking shakes and eating "nutrient" stuff inbetween my classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a very low red blood cell count and my hair will shed like crazy if I don't rest and eat right. I bet it's the stress on your body. I have been in the exact same situation (full load of classes AND a 30hr a week job). My hair came out too. You have got to make time for your health or you will regret it. I know you have a life to live but try and help yourself! Because without your health you won't have much a life anyway. Do you take iron?

auntybe

Dionne:

I live in NC too. What city are you in and where do you go to school? I am asking because when I left the QC to go to school in G'boro. I had problems with my hair shedding. It was the water on campus that caused my problem. The water from the water fountains really messed up my system and it showed on my hair.

I also had to go to a dermatologist. He sugessted that I use Carefree Curl or S-Curl activator to give my hair some moisture.