This white guy on my job said to me today....

foxieroxienyc

This is a funny story, just had to share because I know only my hair board ladies would get a laugh out of this...

So Sunday, I washed and airdried/flat ironed my hair as I normally do, and for the past two days I lightly set the top-mid layers with my jumbo and large Caruso rollers. So my hair has had this Pantene blowing in the wind look to it especially since I'm all about keeping the product usage to the LOW end, kinda funny, my hair is taking on the full sexy personality of Keesha Sharpe's hair from girlfriends.

So the guy looks at me and says "Roxie your hair looks really good! It makes me want to just run my fingers through it, it's soo soft and pretty... Wow!" Chiiiiile, you know I just died laughing.... :lachen: First time I ever heard a guy really say that to me and mean it, and me not being afraid his hands would be caught up in some tracks, lol. Just KEEP AWAY from the new growth buster! Keep away, fingers may get caught!:grin:

On another note, I chopped off about a quater inch to half inch of hair yesterday in a scissor happy stupor because I saw some splits and wanted to even my hair because it was growing in funny. The back wasnt as long as the middle and top, so I evened it and now it looks MUCH thicker. I feel sad to have lost even just that little bit of length, but I think I'll be fine, the amount of NG out of my scalp will surely make up for it, lol. A friend said to me yesterday, GOSH Rox, your hair grows like an inch a week! lol:yep: I must be doing SOMETHING right....

monie20032007

lol What a good compliment especially coming from the opposite sex not to mention a white guy at that. They know pretty hair when they see it. Keep up the good work:yep:

LivingDoll

This is a funny story, just had to share because I know only my hair board ladies would get a laugh out of this...

So Sunday, I washed and airdried/flat ironed my hair as I normally do, and for the past two days I lightly set the top-mid layers with my jumbo and large Caruso rollers. So my hair has had this Pantene blowing in the wind look to it especially since I'm all about keeping the product usage to the LOW end, kinda funny, my hair is taking on the full sexy personality of Keesha Sharpe's hair from girlfriends.

So the guy looks at me and says "Roxie your hair looks really good! It makes me want to just run my fingers through it, it's soo soft and pretty... Wow!" Chiiiiile, you know I just died laughing.... :lachen: First time I ever heard a guy really say that to me and mean it, and me not being afraid his hands would be caught up in some tracks, lol. Just KEEP AWAY from the new growth buster! Keep away, fingers may get caught!:grin:

On another note, I chopped off about a quater inch to half inch of hair yesterday in a scissor happy stupor because I saw some splits and wanted to even my hair because it was growing in funny. The back wasnt as long as the middle and top, so I evened it and now it looks MUCH thicker. I feel sad to have lost even just that little bit of length, but I think I'll be fine, the amount of NG out of my scalp will surely make up for it, lol. A friend said to me yesterday, GOSH Rox, your hair grows like an inch a week! lol:yep: I must be doing SOMETHING right....

I know it looks good then! I love her hair! She's one of my hair idols. Is she a natural?

NuMe2004

That was a major compliment, so I know it made you feel good :).

Keep up the good work. Your hair is looking grrrreat!!! :clap:

foxieroxienyc

Thanks guys so much, lol. It was funny but kinda made a sista feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm so mad at myself for chopping off my hair, lol. I feel like I went back to square one but in reality I didn't cut off too much. But I think I'm going to throw the scissors in the garbage. Just KNOWING they're around kinda makes me feel like I can't trust that I won't have another panic attack PMS delusion and cut lol. I'm just crazy. I'm now doing a self M N challenge for the month of April to make up for the devil taking hold of my hands! I'm going to apply everyday 2x a day, lol.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
Thanks guys so much, lol. It was funny but kinda made a sista feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm so mad at myself for chopping off my hair, lol. I feel like I went back to square one but in reality I didn't cut off too much. But I think I'm going to throw the scissors in the garbage. Just KNOWING they're around kinda makes me feel like I can't trust that I won't have another panic attack PMS delusion and cut lol. I'm just crazy. I'm now doing a self M N challenge for the month of April to make up for the devil taking hold of my hands! I'm going to apply everyday 2x a day, lol.

Thanks for sharing your experience.