Those that co-wash more often then using shampoo...

natural2be

I want to start co-washing with my deep conditioner moisture treatments and protein treatments and use shampoo maybe only 1-2x a month. I would usually shampoo before putting in a deep conditioner and going under the hooded dryer,then rinse the deep conditioner out and comb through with the conditioner I use for co-washing and then rinse.

My question is, would I do the exact same thing but instead using the co-wash conditioner in place of the shampoo? Or would I saturate the hair with water and just put deep conditioner in, do my thing under the dryer and then wash it out with the co-wash conditioner?

Any input on your routines would be helpful as you can see I am a little confused.:scratchch

PearlyCurly

What your going to put the DC on your hair, sit under the dryer, then rinse it out?? And that will be your co-wash??

IMO i think thats too much work. When i co-wash i dont even deep condition or use a deep conditioner. BUT i think its a great idea to use a deep condition for a rinse-out conditioner.

Anyway all i do is, hop in the shower, wet my hair A LOT, put enough conditioner to cover 1/2 of my palm(i have a twa)..like the size of a chocolate dollar coin?!. Then i wait until just before i get out of the shower to rinse my hair. Shake(upside down) until my neck almost breaks, and thats it.

I shampoo when ever i want to(depending on how much products/cones i use). And deep condition every week(or even twice a week).

RockCreak

I co-wash about 3x's a week (texlaxed hair). I use a cheap con like (VO5 or Suave) for my cowash... I usually do it twice, then use a dc. I'd sit under the dryer or dc overnite (baggie) depending on my mood. I only clarigy once or twice a month...

natural2be

What your going to put the DC on your hair, sit under the dryer, then rinse it out?? And that will be your co-wash??

IMO i think thats too much work. When i co-wash i dont even deep condition or use a deep conditioner. BUT i think its a great idea to use a deep condition for a rinse-out conditioner.

Anyway all i do is, hop in the shower, wet my hair A LOT, put enough conditioner to cover 1/2 of my palm(i have a twa)..like the size of a chocolate dollar coin?!. Then i wait until just before i get out of the shower to rinse my hair. Shake(upside down) until my neck almost breaks, and thats it.

I shampoo when ever i want to(depending on how much products/cones i use). And deep condition every week(or even twice a week).

Sorry if I got you confused. I usually DC bi-weekly using protein treatments every other week. Before I would DC or use a protein treatment I would wash my hair with regular shampoo and then put in the treatment. Rinse out like I am suppose to and then use HE which I co-wash with, comb through and rinse. Hope that clarifies my situation better.

Thanks for your input. :)

natural2be

I co-wash about 3x's a week (texlaxed hair). I use a cheap con like (VO5 or Suave) for my cowash... I usually do it twice, then use a dc. I'd sit under the dryer or dc overnite (baggie) depending on my mood. I only clarigy once or twice a month...
'

Thanks a million, you answered my question.:grin: