Those who deep condition on dry hair....

FtrDrO

if I choose to follow with shampoo, would I need to follow with conditioner after using creme of nature (green)? I ask because I know that CON green is really moisturizing and is essentially a conditioning shampoo. My plan is to DC on dry hair with ORS mayo and Shampoo with CON green to get facilitate moisture/protein balance. However, if a follow up conditioner is necessary I was thinking ORS replenishing. Thoughts?

Brandi

I always use a deep conditioner on my hair. I use Paul Mitchell. He has a great shampoo and conditioner called TEA TREE special shampoo and special conditioner, it comes in a dark green tube. Excellent results!!!

sareca

I also follow with conditioner (no poo). :yep: I follow with moisture if I DC'd w/ protein and vice versa.

Leslie_C

If I DC on dry hair prior to washing...I will poo and do a quick conditioning with a cheapo conditioner before getting out of the shower (like white rain tropical coconut--always gives softness and slip instantly). I always feel like my hair needs some kind of coating after shampooing or it will feel stripped.

HoneyDew

If I DC on dry hair prior to washing...I will poo and do a quick conditioning with a cheapo conditioner before getting out of the shower (like white rain tropical coconut--always gives softness and slip instantly). I always feel like my hair needs some kind of coating after shampooing or it will feel stripped.

I am going to do my hair like this tomorrow.

FtrDrO

Thanks you guys! I guess I'll be following CON with ORS replenishing. I'm really looking forward to trying this dry conditioning treatment and seeing how my hair feels afterwards.!!:yep: I'll let you guys know how the combination of products works out for my hair.

Leslie_C

Thanks you guys! I guess I'll be following CON with ORS replenishing. I'm really looking forward to trying this dry conditioning treatment and seeing how my hair feels afterwards.!!:yep: I'll let you guys know how the combination of products works out for my hair.

Just my 2 cents, but if anything I would deep condition with the ORS and use the CON before my final rinse. I just think the ORS is an excellent deep conditioner and it would be a waste to use it as a quick rinse out instant conditioner.

FtrDrO

Just my 2 cents, but if anything I would deep condition with the ORS and use the CON before my final rinse. I just think the ORS is an excellent deep conditioner and it would be a waste to use it as a quick rinse out instant conditioner.

Thanks for the suggestion. So do you think that I should end with ORS mayo instead and use ORS for the deep condition? I just figured ending with protein might make my hair feel less moisturized and soft. Is this wrong? :perplexed

♦K.O♦

I do the reverse. :lachen:

I DC with the ORS replenishing and wash with CON (green bottle.) My hair always feels like silk afterward.

Good luck.

FtrDrO

I do the reverse. :lachen:

I DC with the ORS replenishing and wash with CON (green bottle.) My hair always feels like silk afterward.

Good luck.

MizzEsq, what do you follow CON with after using it in this order? Do you do a final conditioning step?

Leslie_C

Thanks for the suggestion. So do you think that I should end with ORS mayo instead and use ORS for the deep condition? I just figured ending with protein might make my hair feel less moisturized and soft. Is this wrong? :perplexed

Oh sorry....I was referring to ORS replenishing conditioner (or ORS paks)...it has a little protein but its more moisturizing than anything. I dont really care for the hair mayo, especially on a regular basis. I think u should just add it into the rotation every once in a while, and that would be ok to do on dry hair too. I would definitely end with moisture though no matter what I DC'd with.

So basically I would DC with the ORS replenishing, shampoo, and use an instant conditioner last...just running it through and rinsing. Then maybe every few weeks rotate in the ORS hair mayo.

♦K.O♦

MizzEsq, what do you follow CON with after using it in this order? Do you do a final conditioning step?

Because CON has always been so moisturizing and gentle, I choose not to follow up with any extra conditioners. The routine is basically:

- DC on dry hair with ORS, rinse
- Wash with CON, rinse
- Apply infusium moisturology leave in, seal with Keracare jojoba oil moisturizer and/or black castor oil

Aggie

I also follow with conditioner (no poo). :yep: I follow with moisture if I DC'd w/ protein and vice versa.

I do this too but I also shampoo right after my DC on dry hair. The results are great and it keeps the protein/moisture balance in check.