Those with Fine Hair

MusicLuvr

I really need help. I have dry 4 type hair. I'm not sure a b or c. I need the moisture but my hair also tends to get weighed down. I am two weeks post relaxer. Yesterday I washed with Kenra clarifying shampoo, conditioned with Bed Head Moisture Maniac and used Keracare foam for a wrap. My hair feels so good and it looks shiny, however, it is waaaaaaaay to limp. Can some of the other fine hair ladies tell me how you can get moisture without having your hair weight down? Please tell me your regimen if you have one or point me to another thread. Thanks!!!!!

mnemosyne

I just use a little, LITTLE bit of whatever product I'm using (unless I'm like month's past my last relaxer then it's just going up in a bun anyway). For any cream based moisturizers like phyto 7 or 9 you want to use a very small amount and then rub that all over your hands and fingers then distribute it evenly through your strands.

I know some have used dove's light moisturizer and that was tricky for me cause sometimes the "spray" comes out more like a squirt. :ohwell: But if you spritz it right (far enough away from your hair for the mist to hit it and not an overly powerful spray) you won't weigh your hair down as much.

You might also want to alternate adding products to every other day if you find adding stuff daily weighs your hair down.

Oh! Also, try to steer towards products designed for fine hair especially so close post relaxer.

I would never use shea butter on my hair (and even very far post it's a bit heavy) early on because I know it's too much at first! You can gradually increase the "heaviness" of your products the further out you get from your relaxer day.

You can dilute your leave in with a little water to make it lighter on the hair as well.

Last edited:

Ivonnovi

1. I vote to dilute your current moisturizers (as mnemosyne said) I read somewhere that distilled water gives better results.

2. I have recently reverted back to using aresol Oil Sheens for shine, and before flat ironing.

3. I have given in and embraced flat limp styles with barely any curls.

gymfreak336

What helps me is to increase my conditioning time. When I need moisture without that limp flat look, I increase my conditioning time by 10-30 minutes. I acutally left my kenra in for 3 hours the other night while I took a nap and it worked like a charm. All I needed was a creamy leave in and that was it. I don't even have to apply daily moisturizers frequently anymore.

hOnii

After I wash my hair, I put in my leave-in (giovanni), a little aveda usc, and some redken all soft heat glide, then blowdry on the lowest setting, and my hair feels great afterwards and gets very big!

I deep conditioned last week and my hair felt very moist and strong, so I think I'm going to keep doing this every time.

Rollersets help increase volume and bounce..

I am getting ready to try out biolage ceramides after reading so much about them...so hopefully I have some luck improving my moisture level with that.

ItsyBitsy

For my fine hair I.......

1. Rollersets add volume and bounce

2. DC with a moisturizing conditioner- This will add moisture & minimize the need to add more or too many products afterwards

3. Apply leave ins & moisturizers sparingly focusing mostly on the ends.

HTH

lisana

Caruso rollers are great for adding volume. Fantasia moisturizing serum is a good light product as is NTM leave in.

SoAnxious12

similar to gym, i co-wash more often so i'll have to use less moisturizer. Also, when you do moisturize try to focus mainly on the ends. HTH