Thoughts on Nexxus Therappe & Humectress

kreeme

I just came back from Wal Mart and noticed that the salon there had their Nexxus products on sale. I bought this combo pack of Therappe & Humectress. I got 2 one liter size of each for $22. I thought it was a great deal, so I bought it. What are your thoughts?

CaramelKiss

Hi Kreeme

I am currently using Therappe and I like it. I loove the smell!! It's so rich and creamy and imo a a good detangling shampoo. I haven't used Humectress in over 10 years and so I can't really give u a good opinion on that one, since I wasn't into hair care then. But alot of ladies here like it. U definitely got a great deal though!!

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
It does sound like a good deal. I remember using Therappe a loooonnngggg time ago. Can't remember my thoughts on it. I DO like Humectress though.

kreeme

Thank you ladies! I'm going to try it out today since this is my day to use shampoo. I shol hope it was worth my money though. I don't usually pay that much for hair products.

TinyT

kreeme,

Did they pack come pre-packed, or can you buy 2 of the conditioner if you choose?

Thanks,
Tracy

kreeme

[ QUOTE ]
kreeme,

Did they pack come pre-packed, or can you buy 2 of the conditioner if you choose?

Thanks,
Tracy

[/ QUOTE ]

Chile puh-lez!!!
I asked them the same thing. It already came prepacked. I asked her if I could switch out the shampoo for two of the Humectress and she was like, "Uh...No." I guess because on the package it says something like "Moisture Program" and "Color Enhanser Program." It has the name of each product on the packaging.

TinyT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kreeme,

Thanks,
Tracy

[/ QUOTE ]

Chile puh-lez!!!
I asked them the same thing. It already came prepacked. I asked her if I could switch out the shampoo for two of the Humectress and she was like, "Uh...No." I guess because on the package it says something like "Moisture Program" and "Color Enhanser Program." It has the name of each product on the packaging.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I figured this, I was tryin to make a come up. Thanks for the info.

Tracy

Allandra

Re: Thoughts on Nexxus Therappe & Humectress

I've tried both products. They didn't do anything for my hair.

kreeme

Well I tried both products last night and I was not impressed. I am really upset because I saw a lot of posters with the same hair type as mine, and they had nothing but good things to say about it. I thought my hair was going to be slipping and sliding after I used it, but that was not the case at all. I have a lot more products that I use that cost a lot less and they worked better than this. Oh well...I guess I'll be using it for a long time since I got two big ol liters of this stuff. I'm glad I got it on sale though...I don't feel as bad.

mirrormirror

I really like Nexxus Headress leave-in conditioner......that's the only product I like from their line. I find that Nexxus therappe and humectress does not detangle well at all, its really a pain to handle wet hair when I use those products.

lunalight7

Humectress is great on my hair...lots of slip and my hair is like butter....I also like Headdress...never tried any Nexuus shampoo...go figure...different strokes for different folks....I agree the products are overpriced

LondonDiva

Kreeme rather than using it why don't you list it in the product exchange sectionof this board or sell it on ebay?

CaramelKiss

Kreeme did u do a pre-shampoo treatment like with a hot oil treatment for example? Sometimes I do this or I will protect the mid-shafts of my hair and ends with conditioner first before applying shampoo? Does that make sense? The shampoo is mainly for your scalp. Also I think u ought to try it a few more times, unless it was really awful!

Sometimes when I switch up on conditioners, I usually don't like it at first but then after a few times of using it consistently, I find that I really do like it. Just a suggestion though.

kreeme

I'm going to try it out a few more times before I decide to give it up. I really love the way they smell, but it just didn't do what I thought it was going to do for me. I usually do a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment, but I didn't do it this time. I will try it again tomorrow when I do my hair. Thanks for all of the input ladies!

ladylibra_30

hey there kreeme:
i know exactly how you feel...i decided to follow the 24-month plan by shamboosie.(he recommends using nexxus products exclusively.) when i first used the botanical botanoil shampoo then conditioned w/humectress i was so very dissapointed (my hair was matted and hard to comb through even w/a wide-tooth comb and was coming out which is a no-no.) i was really used to slippery hair from using shampoos/conditoners from design essential, elasta qp, kerakare, and even cheap ole creme of nature. yes, i'm going somewhere w/this...hold on :) i was determined to make this work, you know, like sink or swim. so one day after shampooing/conditoning i decided to rollerset w/the headress (it says it can used as a wrap lotion) and VOILA! my hair turned out smooth, silky, velvety and nicely fragranced. i'll bet that if you do your style (wrap, roller-set, braid-set, ponytail) w/the headress it will come out perfect. even though i talked your ears off...i hth!

AMBERSKYE

Hey Ladies,

I've read reviews about Nexxus products, which have been pretty good. My girlfriend recommended the Headdress and this site has posted some good things about several Nexxus products. Today I decided to go to the beauty supply shop to make a Nexxus purchase, and I discovered the
INGREDIENT NO NO~SODIUM LAURETH/LAURYL SULFATE!!! (one of 'em)
I'm under the impression that these ingredients are not the best for the hair. Should I look past this and just go for it, just as you all have?

Please enlighten me!

CaramelKiss

Amberskye, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) is the second ingredient in Therappe and is different from SLS as it contains alcohol. However, both are used to create that foaming action. I've heard SLES described as both gentle and drying, but not as drying as SLS: In the end u have to be the judge. Here's a snippet from one website I read:

Look at the label!!! Here is a guide to how gentle your shampoo is according to the surfactant used:

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate - very, very, harsh

Ammonium Laureth Sulfate- very harsh but better than the above

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate- better than the above, but still a little harsh

Sodium Laureth Sulfate-gentle, great pick!

TEA lauryl Sulfate-good pick

TEA Laureth Sulfate-good pick

I got it off this website:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4266/shampoo.html

HTH!

soslychic

I've bought the Humectress and it did not detangle, but my hair felt very moisturized....grrrrrrr.....dilemma here. I need a conditioner that moisturizes just as well because the nexxus is getting expensive. I also need a shampoo recomendaiton. You'd think that I'd be gathering tips all along but I've been SO set of Therappe and Humectress that I havn't been paying as much attention as I should have so I'll do a search, but if anyone feels like posting some suggesiosn for a VERY moisturizing shampoo and conditioner here (I have 4b hair), I would appreciate it.

patience007

Hi guys,

You guys are on a topic "nexus productline". I think I could relate to this topic and share my experiences. I use to use nexus 3 years ago. My hair was terribly damaged and my boyfriend's sister (who's hair has passsed bra strap) recommended this product to me. She was so sure of this product she gave me hers, because it is even more expensive overhere in the Netherlands. So, I think that is a good deal. Nexus is wonderful range of products down to the botanoil. I recommend this product to anyone. It is very costly indeed, but my hair went from about3 inches length(a lil shoter than the index finger) to shoulder length in 10 months with weekly washes. My hair was full and healthy. Because this range was expensive plus I am a college student, when it finished I never bought it back till now.

My hair is/was overprocessed and started thinning out and breaking. So, I decided to cut my hair bob-length above my ears last May.

I decided no matter the cost, I need my hair to grow back quick because I don't know how to style my hair. So, I bought Nexus products again. By the end of the month my hair was past my ears.

My hair does not grow fast and I have thin hair(3c/4a).
I don't take vitamins nor do I exercise. I just wash my hair weekly with nexus. And my hair is starting to grow fast and healty. This is my testmonial.

Byebye,
Patience

PrettyBrownEyes

Patience,

Thanks for your testimony. I too am very pleased with Nexxus and plan on keeping Humectress and Keraphix as staples.

Valerie

I like the Nexus range, Therappe and Humectress, as I have my hair natural, it is a lot softer

kreeme

[ QUOTE ]
kreeme,

Thanks,
Tracy

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just in the mall today and I noticed that Regis Hair Salon has a sale on their Nexxus products as well. I saw the liter of Humectress and a smaller version of it for $32. It came in the combo pack just like the one I bought. I thought about you when I saw it today and thought I'd pass the information along to you.