Thyroid and Hair Growth

My Friend

Does anyone have thyroid issues (On meds) and able to grow and retain NL or longer? Do you have alot of breakage or are you a slow grower due to this?

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I do, but I don't think it's affected my growth. When I was relaxed, I constant breakage/dry hair, but since I BC, I haven't noticed any breakage at all, and I'm able to keep my hair moisturized a lot better.

My Friend

I do, but I don't think it's affected my growth. When I was relaxed, I constant breakage/dry hair, but since I BC, I haven't noticed any breakage at all, and I'm able to keep my hair moisturized a lot better.

AngelEyez do you use any garlic shampoos or do you take garlic pills?

madamdot

I do. I have Hashimotos. I am almost BSL. It's taken me so long because of slow growth and excessive shedding from my illness. I have to keep trimming because my ends got so thin from shedding.

If I am not on enough medication, it does not matter what I do the shedding wont stop. I tried everything . . . Garlic shampoos and pills did not help. Once the shedding stops the thickening process can begin.

I take Chlorella and a nice side effect for me is it has thickened up my hair.

BTW I suffered from serious dryness but S-curl stopped that.

soulfusion

Hashimotos here, also. Prior to getting stabilized on an optimum dosage of Synthroid, my shedding was ridiculous and my hair growth was creeping. Now I'm back to normal growth, which is +/- .5 inch per month. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm just happy to be retaining my hair now.