Tips For Caring For Long Hair

hope5506

Always Condition Hair After Shampoo

One thing about having long hair is that it requires more shampoo and conditioner. I find that applying shampoo to hair is not enough for long hair, as sometimes simply just applying shampoo and rinsing leaves hair a little hard and unmanageable. Applying conditioner to hair after the shampoo process helps a great deal with managing long hair because it relaxes the hair so that it becomes less tangled and more manageable. The tips of your hair need more conditioning than the roots, so it is best to start from the bottom of your hair and work your way up to the roots as well as your scalp.

An After Bath Hair Detangler

Sometimes shampoo and conditioner may not be enough to relax the hair in order to comb or brush it out. If this is the case, hair products such as detanglers will greatly assist you in detangling hair so that it becomes easier to brush out. This may not be that big of a thing for older children or adult women, but little children sometimes tangled hair can become very burdensome for them. In this case, detangler products will help a great deal for little girls, and getting them to brush their hair on their own.

Brush From Bottom to Top

Brushing your hair from the tips to the root instead of the other way helps a great deal with time and hair management. This was one thing that I never knew as a child, so if you have children, please do teach them that it is easier to start brushing your hair from the tips and work your way up to the roots. This method will save everyone a lot of time and frustration.
So, always condition, use a detangler if necessary, and brush from top to bottom.

These tips will help you manage hair of any length. Hair is an ornament of beauty, so treat it well!

Sarahh.

Just curious, but where do you get all these tips from op? While some of them are usefull I've found I disagree with many.

Last edited:

Tamrin

unapologetic
Just curious, but where do you get all these tips from? While some of them are usefull I've found I disagree with many.

This person never replies to anything. All they do is post random stuff on this board. They are selling snake oil to balding men.

SexySin985

While these tips are not new to me they might be helpful to someone that just joined the board. So thankx for the post:yep:

TrendySocialite

Are the moderators aware of this person? I do find her posts containing just enough truth that some newbies will view her as an expert. I think this "person" is a bot. IMO, they should be removed from the board.

Platinum

Not again!:nono: I've seen this OP post a few threads in the OT forums but other than that, the "hair care tips" are useless.Newbies beware!

crumbling_images

Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions, right? Who cares if everyone agrees/disagrees with any given thread topic/advice. Read it and move on. Jeez.

soulie

Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions, right? Who cares if everyone agrees/disagrees with any given thread topic/advice. Read it and move on. Jeez.

There is history with this OP. S/he posts articles from other sites, with no mention that the articles are copied, and no credit for the author. Also, a number of the posts by the OP have been offering advice that is not beneficial to women of color. Additionally, the OP does not respond to queries about the posts, only disappears to return later with still more plagarized articles.

melodies815

I'm relatively new here, but I do think it important to bump and warn...just in case the advice is damaging. I saw another thread from this poster and disagreed with most of what "she" wrote. Hopefully, other long-term LHCF members will help keep us newbies safe from bad advice where it is offered. I think we have all come too far with good knowledge to risk getting sidetracked or to have Beverly's hard work derailed by someone who may have either questionable motives or a serious lack of experience in ethnic hair care.

Just imagine if this board got a bad reputation over time because a lot of people/bots/whatever were randomly posting wrong info....

Fast forward...and imagine. :nono::nono::nono:

Bump and warn IMO...

Safe hair growing to us all!

cj

Platinum

I'm relatively new here, but I do think it important to bump and warn...just in case the advice is damaging. I saw another thread from this poster and disagreed with most of what "she" wrote. Hopefully, other long-term LHCF members will help keep us newbies safe from bad advice where it is offered. I think we have all come too far with good knowledge to risk getting sidetracked or to have Beverly's hard work derailed by someone who may have either questionable motives or a serious lack of experience in ethnic hair care.

Just imagine if this board got a bad reputation over time because a lot of people/bots/whatever were randomly posting wrong info....

Fast forward...and imagine. :nono::nono::nono:

Bump and warn IMO...

Safe hair growing to us all!

cj

Okay, not trying to cause trouble or start an argument. The reason why I asked why was this thread bumped was because the poster before me made (which I think) was a nasty comment directed toward everyone who made comments on this thread. Why was this thread bumped when there was already a new thread from the OP with almost the same type of responses. I'm not sure if you read the entire thread or all of the others but the responses from the other sisters are usually the same. That's enough "warning" right there. There's no need to bump an old and "useless" thread. Most newbies wouldn't notice it unless it's easily accessible. Just my opinion...

araceli2418

That's why we all should have common sense and not jump on every bandwagon....I make sure I do extensive research before I do anything....

I don't want to post one day crying with my hair in the sink

Beware ladies research!

I SOOOO agree with the bolded. I think that's why I get annoyed when people ask what to do with a particular product. To me it seems so much easier to just look it up myself. And, I'm not talking about the occasional laziness b/c that happens to everyone.