tips for texturizing at home

Keep1Belle

Hi all:

I have been natural for 2 years. 8 weeks ago I went to the salon and got a texturizer on my new growth (the rest of my hair was pretty loose because of repeated flat ironing)

So 8 weeks out its time to texturize the new growth but, i really dont hae time or money ($130 to be specific) to go the salon.

Here is what I have so far/options in steps that I am stuck on; any tips?

Step 1: Should I coat my hair first with a creamy cinditioner
OR
use my EFA oil

Step 2: THen apply texturizer (should I get a relaxer -mild, or a texturizer, or kiddie perm)

Step 3: wash texturizer and apply restructuring pack and then use the neutralizing shampoo then condition

OR
wash and then use the neutralizing shampoo and then do deep conditioner

Any help would be appreciated

klb120475

bump...........

Sorry I don't have any hair advice. Hopefully someone will come in and give you some tips.:yep:

$130??!!:eek2:

Keep1Belle

bump...........

$130??!!:eek2:

She did a good job, I guess. i didnt really need the style I just need my curls to loosen, I'm pretty sure I can do it myself ( i did my own relaxers in college), I just dont want my hair to be too loose/straight.

Any help/suggestions?

what i do is one part relaxer two parts conditioner o9f choice come througf with wide tooth comb you may have to tweak time depending on how loode you want curls to be hth

I use JFM texture softener and then follow up with ORS Penetrating Pak. I've been texturizing my hair for 2 1/2 years now, and that's what I've used. No issues here. I love my hair.

I loved the Motions mild texturizer but it was discontinued..my hair grew and never fell out.I colored it too and still never had problems , then i used just for me and had a disaster. my hair does not like no lie!!! Now I will if i do try again use dudleys sensitive scalp relaxer with two parts protein conditioner and one part relaxer with a wide tooth comb or SCurl with one part conditioner.
My girl whom has great hair uses the Dudley's

ebonylocs

There was a thread recently where someone had had success with an S-Curl texturiser product. If anyone knows where it is, maybe they can post the link?

MsBiz

I use Organics African Pride texurizer. It is the only one that I tried that does not make my hair dry. I do not add anything to it ie conditioner. But I do have to buy two of them b/c of the length of my hair.