To bc or not: ladies I need help

sexy c

Ladies I need help!! My hair was shoulder length and very healthy until I repermed some underprossed hair, I thought my hair would be fine and I put some highlights in my hair. I had to cut my hair to a chin length bob because my hair was breaking off. My hair has still not been the same. My hair is extremly nappy looking even when I do a retouch it is still nappy. The only thing that makes it straight is heat which im trying not to do. Ladies I am concendering doing a bc, but I dont wont to i'm not trying to go natural (even though I secretly do) I'm just trying to grow my hair back and do something to it. Also my hair doesnt stay moisturize. I can deep condition my hair for 30-45 minutes with conditioner and when I wash it out my hair feels rought and not moisturized at all. Ladies please help i am bout to go crazy bout my hair

Since you are not wanting to be natural, I wouldn't recommend doing a BC.

Instead, I'd recommend choosing a handsfree style (weaves, braids, kinky twists, cornrows with extenstion, or wigs with conrows or braids underneath) and as your hair grows out cut off the overprocessed and damaged ends bit by bit. For example, every three months cut off an inch of the damaged hair. Within those same three months, you'd have at least an inch of new hair (replacing what was lost).

It will take patience, but it can be done. Check out JenniferMD's album for inspiration and consider joining the Hide Your Hair challenge for support.

HTH,
MJ

Ok, you kinda sound like me. I was shoulder length when I joined and considered cutting off my relaxer cuz I fell in love with my new growth. But I co-sign with MJ, and get a hand-free style. My hair was badly damaged, so I hennaed, deep conditioned with castor oil, airdried, and got kinky twists to leave it alone for a while. Minimal manipulation really helps your hair recover. Using heat also laid down my cuticles and made my hair appear healthy, but it really wasn't as healthy as it looked, and being that it was damaged, using heat only made my hair worse. You said your hair is not staying moisturized, so I recommend clarifying. If that does not work, then do a moderate or strong protein treatment, this always helps my hair retain moisture. I don't have to moisturize my hair as much when I do this. Make sure to deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner with heat after the protein treat. HTH!

Ladies I need help!! My hair was shoulder length and very healthy until I repermed some underprossed hair, I thought my hair would be fine and I put some highlights in my hair. I had to cut my hair to a chin length bob because my hair was breaking off. My hair has still not been the same. My hair is extremly nappy looking even when I do a retouch it is still nappy. The only thing that makes it straight is heat which im trying not to do. Ladies I am concendering doing a bc, but I dont wont to i'm not trying to go natural (even though I secretly do) I'm just trying to grow my hair back and do something to it. Also my hair doesnt stay moisturize. I can deep condition my hair for 30-45 minutes with conditioner and when I wash it out my hair feels rought and not moisturized at all. Ladies please help i am bout to go crazy bout my hair

hi,
please dont bid chop , will say pamper your tresses.
what products do you and what is your regimen?.

I have not been taking care of my hair for God knows how long, i also suffered from long dose of post partum shedding.
In the past one month have seen big changes, i have to deep condition twice a week- one pure moisture (Aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner) and light protein (ORS replenishing conditioner)- both these conditioners are fab detangler.
I also found out that my hair does not thrive with no heat at all, i roller set on medium heat twice a week.
I also deep condition dry hair as i found out dry hair soaks up more moisture than damp hair.
I want to start using medium protein conditioner (ORS mayo) once a month.

will suggest looking for a deep conditioner that has no protein at all, and alternate this with light protein- biweekly.
moisturise your hair everynight- with moisturiser and castor oil, dont slack on the satin scalf or bonnet, also use satin pillowcase as second defense.

you can use wig or pony for now, but will stay away from braids, weave etc, as i think you need to care for the hair.
hope

Noooo, do not BC.
I did it and regret it. You can't change your hairstyle without styling it with weave and the BC style ages you instantly. Trust me I BC'd in April , I am 4 a/b and I am impatiently awaiting for my hair to grow so I can at least put it up in a pony tail-- I can't even do that.

Otherwise you will be doing this:wallbash:
Do the above mentioned or buy yourself a nice wig.

Back