To get flowing hair, how do you use your heat protectant?

How do you use your heat protectant?

• Before blow-drying only

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • After blow-drying only

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Before and after blow-drying

Votes: 26 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Austro-Afrikana

Do you use it on damp hair before blow-drying? On dry hair before straightening? Or both, before blow-drying and before straightening?

Also What's the best way to use it? And how much do you use?

I usually use a penny size on each section rather than the whole head and only use it before blow-drying. But I've been thinking, should I be using a penny on my whole head and then add more on dry hair prior to straightening?

trackstar

I blow dry and straighten once a week so I am DETERMINED not to get heat damage. I use a little more than a pea size of IC fantasia heat protectant for each section before blow drying (each section is a square inch more or less). Then I use a little less than a dime size of Chi silk Infusion on each section before straightening.

I was wondering this too..

LaFemmeNaturelle

I apply my leave in and heat Protectant on damp hair after I've T-shirt dried for a bit. Then I airdry overnight and flat iron the next morning/day

Eta: sorry I use about a dime size on each section and I do 12 sections.

I don't blow dry so I didn't vote

Last edited:

AlliCat

I use it before blow drying, then I proceed to flat iron. But if it's been a long time since I blow dried, I'll re-apply a tiny bit more of the heat protectant right before flat ironing

Your Cheeziness

I use it before blowdrying prior to flat ironing. Flowing hair comes from moisturized hair that's not weighed down with product.

Mdmommy99

I apply prior to blowdrying and that's it. I notice that if I apply before flat ironing I don't get that flowy look. I haven't had issues with heat damage but I only straighten a few times a year.

Allandra

I apply prior to blow drying or roller setting. This gives me flowing hair that feels nice, silky and bouncy.

westNDNbeauty

Your cheeziness hit the nail on the head. If your hair isn't in it's best moisturized state prior to blow drying you'll still have an uphill battle. Bit for purposes of answering the question, I add all product while my hair is wet.

Americka

I use about a dime size of protectant on damp hair, after blowdrying, and after flatironing. My hair has flow, movement, and is silky soft.

Too much protectant prior to blowdrying tends to give me heavy, greasy hair.

sj73

I never blow dry, but I apply it to dry hair before flat ironing. My favorite heat protectant is Nexxus Heat Protexx. Love it!

Mrs.Green

I blowdry with my leave-in because I don't blowdry on high heat. I use a little bit of heat protectant right before I curl, flatiron, or rollerset.

I don't think it really matter where in the process you use it. It matter HOW MUCH you use when it comes to getting soft, flowing hair. If hair flow doesn't matter to you then how much and when doesn't matter if that makes sense :look:

Felt like I was rambling :lol:

Legally Natural

I don't blow dry my hair anymore, so I was not able to do the poll. I actually put my heat protectant on while my hair is wet and then a little on each section when it is damp just before I straighten my hair. I use the wet-2-straight flat iron and I have wonderful results and full reversion.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i apply heat protectant and serum before blowdrying. then once its dried, i apply a bit more serum, then flat iron. ♥

Missjae09

I use on wet hair and my use a few drops once my hair is dry. I definitely think it's important to use it sparingly.

BeautifulFlower

Both. I use nexxus heat Protectant and chi silk infusion. Before and after. I also you chi keratin mist for strength. I use a hot ceramic iron highest temperature. I also make sure to dust my ends a bit after because any heat creates splits.

Victoria44

i don't use heat often, but when i flat iron i plan to use a thicker sealant before blowdrying, and then maybe one of the spray ones before flat ironing so its lighter on the hair