TOOK MY WEAVE OUT AFTER 3 MONTHS...

Healthb4Length

And I want to go back!! I'm addicted to these things! My first weave experience was excellent! Carefree, cute hair everyday...what more can I ask for?:lol: I got some decent growth too, check out my album

I Here it is www.fotki.com/nubian7, password is growth it's in the album titled crown and glory update.

THanks ladies!!!

SuperGirl, you can do it!! There is so much good info/proof on this site to help you achieve your goals!

Den, I'm going to do a tiny dusting before I get my braids put it. I can't wait, I love having care free hair!

Last edited:
Great Progress!! Girl you have beautiful thick hair. What type of weave did you use to have the hair last that long? I love weaves but the hair ALWAYS matts (sp?) up on me.

wow...fantastic! Love how thick your hair is (can I borrow some?:lol: )

Your ends are really looking good!

-A

kweenameena said:
Great Progress!! Girl you have beautiful thick hair. What type of weave did you use to have the hair last that long? I love weaves but the hair ALWAYS matts (sp?) up on me.

Thanks girl! I use Extension plus hair. It is SOOOOOOOO expensive but so worth it. It lasts for years and years if you take care of it and the wefts are wide so you can get away with using only 5 or 6 oz of hair. My head is big so I used 6 oz of hair:lol: . THis hair NEVER TANGLES, minimally sheds and matches AA hair PERFECTLY. THe site is www.extensions-plus.com, it's expensive but it pays for itself because you can use it over and over.

Arcadian said:
wow...fantastic! Love how thick your hair is (can I borrow some?:lol: )

Your ends are really looking good!

-A

Thanks Arcadian! I'm always admiring your fab hair in your siggy! Please If I could I would give away some of this thickness...it can be a hassle!

cicilypayne said:
Looks good what did you do to maintaind======??:) 3 months no matting or thinning it looks good to me.:) :)

I followed Reniece's method with a few modifications. You can find her info at www.reniece.com, this girl used weaves to grow out her hair, not to mention that sista's got skillz! I basically washed once a week with diluted shampoo, deep conditioner and/or blowdried or airdried then flat iron. I moisturized my scalp with natural oils like castor or avocado, this was a nice break for me and I can't wait to get back into a protective style to make my life easier.

Hey, Alli!

I got my first sew-in weave installed (Extensions Plus) by Reniece in December. I still have it in and it looks fantastic (wish I could figure out how to post a pic in the message but I am not tech savvy).

I am so in love with my sew-in that I bought a half-wig to wear once I take it out this weekend for my relaxer touchup. Then at the end of the month, I go back to Reniece to get the weave reinstalled.

Sashaa

Alli77 said:
I followed Reniece's method with a few modifications. You can find her info at www.reniece.com, this girl used weaves to grow out her hair, not to mention that sista's got skillz! I basically washed once a week with diluted shampoo, deep conditioner and/or blowdried or airdried then flat iron. I moisturized my scalp with natural oils like castor or avocado, this was a nice break for me and I can't wait to get back into a protective style to make my life easier.

do you mind divulging her method. Is the hair braided around the head or vertically. Thanks

nychaelasymone said:
do you mind divulging her method. Is the hair braided around the head or vertically. Thanks

I didn't get my hair weaved by Reniece (I WISH!) my stylist did the circular method it was good but when my hair grew out I started to get that tell-tale hump, no biggie I put my hair in a ponytail and put on a headband and had a retro style going on:lol: ! Next weave install I will do myself, I plan on doing cornrows going straight back, this way when my hair grows out the weave will only look like my hair is growing longer rather having a cone or beehive on top of my head.

Sashaa08
I can't wait to see your install!!!

Thanks Apples!

Alli77 said:
I didn't get my hair weaved by Reniece (I WISH!) my stylist did the circular method it was good but when my hair grew out I started to get that tell-tale hump, no biggie I put my hair in a ponytail and put on a headband and had a retro style going on:lol: ! Next weave install I will do myself, I plan on doing cornrows going straight back, this way when my hair grows out the weave will only look like my hair is growing longer rather having a cone or beehive on top of my head.

Sashaa08 I can't wait to see your install!!!

Thanks Apples!

Hello Alli77, congrats! Great progress! ok so i need some tips from you. ;)

I just got a sew in weave today after 3months of wearing clip-ons. Which are easy to manage and non-damaging to my hair since i take them off when i get home.

I'm going on vacation and there's gonna be lots of swimming, lol, don't want to have my clipons coming off in the water.

Anyway, it was really easy caring for my hair with clipons - I cowash 2twce a week and regular wash once a week.

i used to wear a weave prior to discovering clipons months ago and it really damaged my hair probably because i didn't know how to care for it.

How many times do you wash your hair with the weave, and how often do you moisturize, what tips can keep me from loosing any hair. Please advise. TIA :)

Oooh girl, your hair looks wonderful!!!! Nice and thick, and definitely some great growth!!! That C&G method is whats up! :)

secretrose said:
Hello Alli77, congrats! Great progress! ok so i need some tips from you. ;)

I just got a sew in weave today after 3months of wearing clip-ons. Which are easy to manage and non-damaging to my hair since i take them off when i get home.

I'm going on vacation and there's gonna be lots of swimming, lol, don't want to have my clipons coming off in the water.

Anyway, it was really easy caring for my hair with clipons - I cowash 2twce a week and regular wash once a week.

i used to wear a weave prior to discovering clipons months ago and it really damaged my hair probably because i didn't know how to care for it.

How many times do you wash your hair with the weave, and how often do you moisturize, what tips can keep me from loosing any hair. Please advise. TIA :)

Sorry it took so long to respond. I treated the weave as if it were my "own" hair. That means I wash and deep conditioned weekly and paid close attention to my own hair left out in the front. I would oil my scalp and the hair left out for blending only. I would oil my scalp maybe 2 or 3 times a week, at night I would wear my hair in a ponytail or wrap it so I could preserve my style, don't forget to tie it up with a satin scarf and sleep on a satin or silk pillow case (can buy it at Sally's). I would wash, deep condition my hair in loose braids, in the shower after I rinsed out the poo/ conditioner I would unbraid each section and detangle while in the shower with a large tooth detangling comb. I would immediately braid it back up again, then I would either blowdry or airdry and flat iron the next morning.

Another tip I learned from my stylist was not to put any sort of oil/moisturizer on the weave hair or it would make it appear overly shiny and wiggy/weavey.

HTH

Thanks Kinikakes! C & G method seems to be what allows me to retain lenght.

Back