Touch-up Success!

amy1234

Hey ladies :wave: I just had to share my little success story when I self relaxed today :D . I touched up 9 weeks of new growth, it was about 1 inch of new growth I got with my vitamin regime. Anyway, I did something different this time, this time I was heavy handed with applying the affirm to the new growth.
I used an application brush and made sure the application was thick. The results are smooth , straight hair and there was no underprocessed/texlaxed hair, and I barely smoothed. I also hardly burned because I made sure not to let the relaxer touch the scalp. This might be a no no but I ran out of gloves and used my fingers to smooth. For some reason I think this helped because I wasn't applying so much pressure on my scalp while smoothing and in turn my scalp wasn't manipulated and didn't burn.
Just wanted to share this tip for those who tend to underprocess when they try to relax their new growth (be heavy handed!!). :up:

leleepop

I agree I think a thick application is a good key. Plus smoothing with fingers alway works for me.

Denim And Leather

Congrats! :) I'll keep the smoothing part in mind, because I plan to self-relax in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Good for you!
From my last touch up I realized I need to be more heavy handed too. Good to see it does make a difference!

Catina72

Congratulations on your freshly relaxed hair! I'll keep your tips in mind on my next relaxer, I never lay it on thick enough....