Towels and Tangles

Laginappe

Ok, I noticed something recently. I have a stack of towels that I strictly use for my hair. I got them at Target, and they’re the low-end towels. Thin enough to absorb really well, and just the right size to do the turban flip without falling off.

But I was reading on another site about NOT using terry towels and not doing the turban thing since it adds to the tangles. Basically it’s the same reason why you don’t scrunch all your hair up while washing. Any manipulation adds to tangles. The ladies at that site recommended the Aquis microfiber towels and just patting your hair dry, using as little manipulation as possible.

I tried it the other night (I already had an Aquis towel, but its kind of small, so I didn’t use it much.) After I finished my rinse I just let my hair drip dry a bit, then I kind of squeeze-patted with the Aquis towel to soak up the drips. And, surprised myself to discover that I really did have fewer tangles.

Have any of you ladies tried this? For those of you who have problems with tangles, is it possible that your towels may be causing it?

I really think that towels contributed to my tangles too, so I stopped drying my hair with them. The only use I get out of them now is to drape around my shoulders as my soaking wet hair air dries. I've noticed significantly less tangles with this method.
smile.gif

Instead of using a towel, I just gently wring the water out of my hair. I only use a towel to drape over my shoulders.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Instead of using a towel, I just gently wring the water out of my hair. I only use a towel to drape over my shoulders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

hmm . . .
scratchchin.gif
i may have to try this method along with the wringing out of the hair. sounds good. i don't have too much of a prob with tangles, but it doesn't hurt to try something that could contribute to the health of my hair.
smile.gif

Back