What type of towel do you use to dry your hair?

What type of towel do you use to dry your hair?

• Regular bath towel

Votes: 76 47.8%
  • Special microfiber hair towel

Votes: 43 27.0%
  • T-shirt

Votes: 17 10.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 23 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MizAvalon

I haven't towel dried my hair in years. I just squeeze all of the excess water out with my hands and let it airdry.

ChocolateSoda

I just wring my hair out.

I do not towel dry it.

And since I'm wash n go most of the time, I will just pull it back to a bun wet and let it finish drying that way.

Jynkx

i just squeeze the water out from the top to the tips. no towels though, they make me frizzy. no matter the kind.:rolleyes:

discobiscuits

I use T-shirts. When my hubby or sons find a hole in their shirt. That's a new towel for me. :yep: They aborsb really well and doesnt snag my hair. Some I cut at the seams and remove the arm piece and make 2 (I call those my towelettes) others I remove just the sleeves. I use the thicker ones when I have my hair in braids because the braids holds more water than my twist for which I use the one layer shirt, my towelette.
ditto! :yep:

PrincessLinzz

I don't use a towel, I just put the towel around my neck. I squeeze the excess water out of my hair.

As my hair has gotten longer I notice that the beautician likes to take her freaking towel and ring out my hair with it. WHICH I HATE! So now I wash my hair first and go to the salon with my hair wet. I am not feeling towels anymore. :)

Fhrizzball

I squeeze out with my hands then use my dirty clothes after I finish my shower to do the rest. If I used a tower I get massive frizz.

LaToya28

I wrap a regular bath towel around my head and gently blot the excess water from my hair. I never rub my hair.

Chameleonchick

when my hair is loose I usually use a towel, but for the past couple of weeks I have been using a t shirt. I really like it because my hair doesn't stick to it.

Truth

Throw on the turbie twist and keep it moving... I never rub and in the summer time I dont bother with a towel, squeeze it out and go

Stella B.

I used an old T-shirt to dry my hair based on Sunshyne's suggestion (from Hairlista), and to my surprise it worked quite well! As a matter of fact, my hair cuticles were smoother than drying with a towel, (no need to ruffle the hair), my hair releases most of the water into the T without that heavy water logged felling you get from a towel, and excess water running down the neck and face are non existant. It worked so well, I went out and bought a heavy knit T-shirt just for drying my hair.:yep: Thanks, Sunshyne!!!!

Jewell

I use old, clean (unused) cloth baby diapers (the old-school kind you have to pin in place, they resemble the effects of drying with T-Shirts, but are smaller and fit perfectly). I use those first, then put my towel-like Turbie Twist over it to soak up excess water. It works great.

longhairlover

I always use to use a regular towel (certain ones that are only for my hair and dye jobs), but recently I finally bought a microfiber towel for hair.

I actually prefer my regular towels still over the microfiber,

chebaby

i use a microfiber towel but i might start using a paper towel to see the difference. the micofiber is very gentle and doesnt cause frizz.
ETA: i do this because im natural. when i was relaxed i never use a towel. i just let my hair hang dry or blow dried it.

Spiffy

I choose other because I mostly use an old pillow case, yep. Other times I use an old t-shirt or I just squeeze the water out of my hair.

Chevelure618

Twisty Towel is great. So absorbent that when I put it over my saturated, finger-combed hair just out of the shower, it absorbs all the water with zero manipulation. Far better than regular towels.

sharifeh

I have one of those microfiber turban thingies, it dries hair quite fast...I bought it from Marshall's

beans4reezy

Just a regular old bath towel. It really isn't that serious for me. My hair hasn't experienced any adverse effects.