Transition advice, help!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am working on my 7th and last transition. I usually get frustrated and chop all my hair off, but I don't want to have a short twa when I chop. I figure if I chop an inch off every 6-8 weeks, my hair will be a decent length when I'm finally all natural. It will also help me to master how to style my hair in its natural state. I think it take about 7-8 months for this to happen. Does this sound like a good plan?

DDTexlaxed

I am probably the transition queen, but this is why I'm asking for help in this thread. :grin: This time I'm really trying to work hard on this transition journey. I want to make this my last transition and learn how to keep my hair healthyas well. I no longer use heat because heat seems to damage my hair worse.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
DDtexlaxd said:
I am working on my 7th and last transition. I usually get frustrated and chop all my hair off, but I don't want to have a short twa when I chop. I figure if I chop an inch off every 6-8 weeks, my hair will be a decent length when I'm finally all natural. It will also help me to master how to style my hair in its natural state. I think it take about 7-8 months for this to happen. Does this sound like a good plan?

You should look at fotkis of folks at 8 months natural to see how much hair that actually is. Even if your hair growth is 1/2 inch per month at month 8, that's still only 4 inches of hair, which for the most part is still a TWA.

ETA: My avatar pic is from the night I BC'd after a 14 month transition and I get 1/4 inch per month.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

I am not concerned with how long my hair will be when I end my transition. I am tired of the damaged, shedding mess I have on my head. This is why I never transition long because my hair frustrates me.:ohwell: I figured that the mini chops every 6 weeks would cut down the damage and it would give me some time to learn more style options. I just don't know what to do.:confused:

gradygirl

DDtexlaxd said:
I am not concerned with how long my hair will be when I end my transition. I am tired of the damaged, shedding mess I have on my head. This is why I never transition long because my hair frustrates me.:ohwell: I figured that the mini chops every 6 weeks would cut down the damage and it would give me some time to learn more style options. I just don't know what to do.:confused:

I think its sounds like a good plan. You can always modify it later if need be. Good Luck!!!