Transition Help Super Thick Hair

Tuck1025

Hello to all. I just joined in yesterday and I have enjoyed all the great information and pics! I know this may have already been asked but here's my question. I made the big decision in March to go natural. I am a 4a with bits of 3c sprinkled around. I would love some suggestions of products to use for my super thick hair. I am so grateful that I have thick hair but it is a real chore for me to even comb it out after a wash and also takes a bit of time to get it into a somewhat smooth ponytail. Literally my hand gets tired! I am super active (fitness instructor) so my hair is subject to a lot of sweating. I am also searching for a daily regimen which won't take me hours. Many people have tried to suggest that I cut off the permed portion, but I'm going to try and deal with the two textures until I acheived my desired length.

I thank God for sending me to this website you all are a wonderful group! I am looking forward to your responses.

NAY007

hey, welcome to the board!!!

what products do you use at the moment and how long is your hair?
for detangling i can only recommend creme of nature shampoo and also LUST serum. those two are a must for me
when i detangle my hair i do that in sections. i part my hair in four sections, then apply the serum and detangle, first with my fingers, then with a wide tooth comb.
i would also use some kind of oil you like (maybe try monoi).

HELLOKITTY1212

I SUGGEST U WASH YOUR HAIR EVERYOTHER DAY WITH APHOGGE PRIMROSE SHAMPOO CONDITION WITH 2 MIN RECONSTRUCTER.After that use razac leave in conditioner and then braid your hair in 10 different sections then use a hair grease to soften the hair whever one u like thats how im transitioning.also once a moth i use aphooge treatment for damaged hair

Tuck1025

I do use Cream of Nature...I can't live without it!! I was fishing to see if there were any other similar(and just as good)products. I am also looking for a great deep conditioner one that leaves my hair manageable. Right now my hair is at my neck line.

Thanks for the quick responses and suggestions.

Ipanema

Hi, Tuck. I also have super thick hair--extremely thick. I have the same hair type as you. I transitioned during a very hectic time in my life, and cornrows were so low-maintenance & easy. You can rinse cornrows between washings & I suppose rinsing with a stocking cap would keep them looking smooth. I experimented a lot for products that would add softness, and so far Sta Sof Fro & Razac products seem to work the best.

SVT

Hi Tuck!

A big, wide tooth seamless comb in conjunction with:

Pantene Smooth and Sleek, Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment, Pantene Hydrating Curls or Elucence Moisture Balance works really well for me.