transitioners wehn you pull your hair back when it isn't in braids or

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
transitioners wehn you pull your hair back when it isn\'t in braids or

pressed, what products do you use? because my hair looks very dull and it has no kind of sheen in it. also when you wash it, what do you do to it?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: transitioners wehn you pull your hair back when it isn\'t in braids or

I know when I tried transitioning to natural (I'm staying relaxed for now), I used Silk Elements Styling Gel and a boar bristle brush to put my hair into a bun.

I know other transitioners have used:
1. Oils (like Proclaim 7 Oil, Monoi Oil, African's Best Herbal Oil, etc.)
2. Gels like Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel
and/or
3. Moisturizers like Elasta QP Mango Butter.

Hope that helps! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection

When you say dull do you mean filmy dull or just not shiny smooth like relaxed hair? If its filmy you may need to clarify. Normally when I pull my hair back its wet because I have less breakage that way. I use an cream moisturizer or light oil to coat it and to smooth my edges I use the Elasta QP Mango Butter and a boar bristle brush like poohbear recommended.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here

like a no sheen dull,i probably wno't be able to go to the hair store anytime soon. so i have carrot creme, and i have jam gel. and to many grease's lol. also i have ors liquid leave in hair mayonaise

mkstar826

supersonic
Re: transitioners wehn you pull your hair back when it isn\'t in braids

When I transitioned, Profectiv Breakfree was like heaven for me. It's a great moisturizer.

I agree with Enchantmt, you might just need to use a clarifying shampoo.

As for shampooing, I would put it in 3-5 sections (more or less depending on how long your hair is) and wash, condition, and detangle each section separately in the sink or shower. It cuts down on tangling and it made wash day a lot easier for me.

Peachtree

Re: transitioners wehn you pull your hair back when it isn\'t in braids

Yeah, I'd agree, u need to clarify to rid ur hair of the gunk that's been left behind by the products...

Just as mkstar, I poo'd, conditioned & detangled in sections also. I used 4 sections. I found it easier to do in the shower will all of my hair going to the back.

I recvd best results with conditioner type shampoos, such as CON regular, and Motions Lavish. Also, my conditioners had to have plenty of slip, for easy detangling... favs were Motions Moisture Plus, Lustrasilk Cholesterol Aloe formula, Pantene Smooth & Sleek. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Let me add this lil tid bit too... I found that my poo days were soooo much easier when I "prep'd" my hair before shampooing... I would section in 4's & apply sum warmed conditioner (usually Lustrasilk Cholesterol) to my dry hair (sometimes slightly damp hair) & let it sit for maybe 1 hr. Then rinse & proceed to shampoo. This literally blocked tangles from even forming!