Transitioners: what styles are you wearing?

RainbowCurls

I'm used to wearing my hair down, but with all the new growth, straightening it is very time consuming the weather has been very rainy here recently.
I've tried braidouts and similar wavy/curly styles but they look good from the front, but not from the back.
I hate having my hair tied back (and face exposed... I like my hair in my face...) so can't BC and have been wearing a lot of ponytails and hating it.
I've been considering getting braids (which leads me onto my next thread...)

It probably seems pretty lame, but I don't feel totally myself not wearing the hairstyle I want to be wearing.

Anyway, Ignore my rant, I was just wondering what the styles the other transitioners out there were wearing, maybe I'll get some inspiration :)

Last edited:

chocolate01

I am no longer transitioning but I wore flexi rod sets for 2-3 months during my transition. I don't know if you like the spiral curl look but my sets usually lasted a week and were a great way to blend ther new growth with the relaxed ends. I have pics in my transition folder.

Mestiza

Well, I might as well get in here, too, b/c it looks like I'm going to be transitioning. (I think!) :spinning: I have over 3 inches of unstretched new growth. I've been wearing my hair in a bun, ponytail and hanging down, sometimes.

shellzfoshizzle

I am wearing my hair in spiral curls done with flexi rods. I think this is going to be a style I will wear as the new growth starts to get more obvious. I'm like you, I don't like my face and forehead on blast with styles where my hair is back. Not that I'm insecure or feel ugly, I just don't like my hair back. I have to be in the mood to wear a ponytail and even then I wear it on the crown of my head. I'm not big on braids so I think curly styles will last me while I transition!

blazingthru

I wanted to see your rods. I am trying to come up with Ideals for my short hair and rods sound interesting I can rod the top and wear the bottom slick down its so short I think it would look cute. I am going to get a camera and start posting my pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it

MzTami

Hellerrrr
chocolate01 said:
I am no longer transitioning but I wore flexi rod sets for 2-3 months during my transition. I don't know if you like the spiral curl look but my sets usually lasted a week and were a great way to blend ther new growth with the relaxed ends. I have pics in my transition folder.

What??? When did this change occur???

I am wearing my hair down and rolled up underneath. My same old tied style. I may be trying the flexi-rods again this weekend.

chocolate01

MzTami said:
What??? When did this change occur???

I am wearing my hair down and rolled up underneath. My same old tied style. I may be trying the flexi-rods again this weekend.

I did the BC in early July.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Girl, I do all kinds of stuff to my head. I really enjoy puffs with bantu knot, twist/braid outs, rollersets. I do a lot of updos and protective styles.

I just have lots of fun!!

btw, I put my forehead on blast a lot. In transitioning I learned that I had to be willing to try different styles because I'm dealing with a different texture of hair now. You will be surprised at how many compliments you actually get!

Check out my fotki.

Last edited:

RainbowCurls

Have had a look through the albums posted here, and seen some nice transitioning styles.
I think I'm most likely to try flexi rods or braid extensions.
Also... I tried tyeing my hair in 2 buns, one on either side of my head, and I think that looked ok, so will get another mirror and see if the back looks ok too, if so, I might try that for a while.
I'm also thinking of cutting a fringe, for when I have my hair up.