transitioning and getting married!

Freespirit02

I don't know what to do with my hair! I'm getting married and i'm transitioning. Has anyone else been in this situation..if so I need pics! Thanks:look:

Freespirit02

Thank you mama! But if i had any brains i wouldn't let those two life changing events overlap, cause girl i don't know what to do with my hair!

ajoyfuljoy

We need a wedding forum! I just posted a similar thread about my course relaxed hair. We really need our own place to hang!

Congrats :)

soon2bsl

I'd suggest a sew in. Thank way you can style it however you'd like and not have to worry about putting heat to your hair, except for just maybe the leave out.

Crystalicequeen123

I'd suggest a sew in. Thank way you can style it however you'd like and not have to worry about putting heat to your hair, except for just maybe the leave out.

I agree...:yep: That's what I would do.

Even if I were completely natural I would probably just put my hair in a sew-in for my wedding day. That way I could keep my hair protected, curl it, crimp it, flat-iron it or do whatever, and my REAL hair wouldn't suffer. I wouldn't have to worry about it. Plus, weddings are pretty stressful anyway. With a sew-in, you wouldn't have to worry about whether your hair looked "right" in the professional pictures, and your hair would always look good....even during the honeymoon. :grin: It's a win-win situation for me. :lol:

But if you would rather wear your REAL hair, then maybe a twist-out, braidout, or curly style would do well. :yep: I wouldn't try to attempt to straighten it. JMHO... :look: I've seen too many brides get upset when their hair "reverts" in the humidity, or blows out of place. :nono:

Ese88

Hey!
I'm 7 months post & getting married in July. By that time i'll be 9 months post. I decided on a style that I want (an updo) & decided a weave would be the best way to achieve that. Experiment before the wedding to anticiapte any mishaps.
I got my weave done about a week ago & she left as little out as possible so that i can have a high ponytail for my updo and it has a side parting for a swoop bang. It will also provide versatility on the honeymoon.

brownstallion

life ain't easy!!
what kinds of style do you want? I know for me, I had to go to a ball and I had my hair blow dried and then curled in big bouncy curls and it looked like I had a fresh relaxer!! After a night of dancing it still was pretty nice.

nestlequik

I'm engaged, and transitioning but I've decided to go for the BC and wear my hair natural for my wedding which will be next year.

I'm actually going in tomorrow evening to Salon Revive (since so many women gave it high marks) to get it cut. I don't imagine having much hair by the time I get married, mabe a few inches, but I've seen some brides who wore their hair naturally and they looked beautiful.

Like Crystalicequeen123 said, there are so many options out there I know you'll find something that work for your special day.

Freespirit02

When is the wedding?

What looks do you like?

How far are you into your transition?

And what is your hair length?

The wedding is in June

I like every look..braids,weaves, whatever lol

My hair length is "big" lol..honestly i don't know because my hair is braided and i haven't flat ironed in forever

motherpopcorn562

Yea. just got a hard press + flat iron and a glue on bang with tracks in the back.

my stylist used that strong spritz and dantes wax to smooth my edges.

Last edited:

nestlequik

It's not going to be a big wedding..just a small one. So we won't be taking too many pictures

Check out nautralchica's blog- http://www.naturalchica.com/. The newest entry is about Boda, a woman who's been natural for nine years and just got married. I love her veil, I think I might consider wearing one for my wedding day.

Anyway, I thought her entry might be helpful as you decide on what to do with your hair.