transitioning breakage?

Rei

My hair is shedding and breaking, and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong! I haven't changed my regimen in months, but all of a sudden, my sink is full of hair!

my regimen: wash weekly with neutrogena triple moisturizing shampoo, cond with Nexuss Humectress one week and ors hair mayonnaise the next, garnier fructis length and strength leave in, and then ors olive oil for moisture with jojoba oil to seal. No heat whatsoever, since i'm in a dorm and I'm a poor college student so I can't afford a hood dryer.

I'm 11 weeks post relaxer since I've been thinking of transitioning to natural, but is this what normally happens when you transition!?

halp! :nono:

prettywhitty

My hair did the same thing at first. I was relaxing every 12 weeks, but when I started to transition, I shed my 13th-16th week post. Now I'm 20 weeks post and I'm not shedding anymore. I think its just a phase when you transition.

Sweet_Ambrosia

Shedding is to be expected it’s a natural and normal process, but breakage no. I transitioned for 2 years and breakage wasn’t an issue for me. Since you’ve had the same regimen for a while, the products you’ve been using may not be working for your hair, that could be the problem. Also the way you handle your hair while washing/detangling can determine whether breakage will be an issue or not, as well as the way you wear your hair on a day to day basis.