Transitioning,natural,relaxed i need your help with reversion!

Rapunzel*

I made apl in june/july and when i use to flat iron it showed most of my length, and now it doesnt. i wanted mt hair straightened for the weekend but i just threw on a wig because my apl hair shrinks so many inches and it doesnt look apl when i flatiron. im thinking its just the technique but then again maybe its just reversion. i see all of the relaxed/transitioning ladies that apl hair looks apl not a little past sl :nono: i use the heat setting on 395
maybe it could be my ng that doesnt want to straighten well but my roots get pretty straight. just too add right when i straighten the back row it looks almost apl but when i get towards the top my nape kind of hides under the rest of my hair and im constantly pulling my hair from my shirt or trying to combat shrinkage. i dont want to be bsl and look apl straightened.

july barely any ng my hair looked apl dont have any back shots

this was in oct hair doesnt even look apl unless i stretch or on wet hair

shtow

The only thing that has combated reversion for me is elasta qp's heat protectant. Unfortunately, it has olive, coconut, and avocado oils. It did not used to have these oils in it though, so I think this is the new formula. I recently purchased some different protectants to see how they help with reversion, so I will report back lol

Rapunzel*

The only thing that has combated reversion for me is elasta qp's heat protectant. Unfortunately, it has olive, coconut, and avocado oils. It did not used to have these oils in it though, so I think this is the new formula. I recently purchased some different protectants to see how they help with reversion, so I will report back lol
ok thanks for your imput.do you think its reversion or technique?

shtow

ok thanks for your imput.do you think its reversion or technique?

A combination of the two. I know blowdrying first makes a huge difference and so does the iron. With my Sedu I could not get my hair, specifically my roots straight no matter the temp or technique. With my CHI, I use less heat, and my length and roots get much straighter, and I have less reversion.

I tried the conair knockoff version of the maxiglide, and it did nada!

So i would say tools and technique make a big difference.

Rapunzel*

A combination of the two. I know blowdrying first makes a huge difference and so does the iron. With my Sedu I could not get my hair, specifically my roots straight no matter the temp or technique. With my CHI, I use less heat, and my length and roots get much straighter, and I have less reversion.

I tried the conair knockoff version of the maxiglide, and it did nada!

So i would say tools and technique make a big difference.
*ahem* its a conair infinity
i think i might get the chi knockoff at sallys i try not to put too much $ into a hot tool, but i might have too. my next straightening attempt will be in december, my ng is 3-4 inches and i have a baby twa under here:lachen:
but i love how straight my hair comes out after a wet rollerset
ive been wanting to try a chi

shtow

*ahem* its a conair infinity
i think i might get the chi knockoff at sallys i try not to put too much $ into a hot tool, but i might have too. my next straightening attempt will be in december, my ng is 3-4 inches and i have a baby twa under here:lachen:
but i love how straight my hair comes out after a wet rollerset
ive been wanting to try a chi

:lachen::lachen::lachen:. I think the CHI is worth the money. I gave my mom my old one and it has lasted 5 years. I would have just used hers but I just had to go buy a brand new pink one:rolleyes:

Rapunzel*

:lachen::lachen::lachen:. I think the CHI is worth the money. I gave my mom my old one and it has lasted 5 years. I would have just used hers but I just had to go buy a brand new pink one:rolleyes:
wow its definitely worth my money then.
hey pink is a nice color:grin: