• From a texturizer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From color

• From a keratin treatment

• Total voters

ckisland

Are you starting or in the midst of a transition? This is a thread to share the highs and lows, hits and misses, to share pics, to drop nuggets of wisdom, and to encourage one another.

What are you transitioning from (heat damage, relaxer, keratin treatment, etc)?
How long do you want to transition?
What is your current hair length?
What is your transition goal length?
What is your transitioning regimen?
What styles are you wearing while you transition?
Starting pic:

ckisland

Heat damage
1 year :pray:

Around APL

WL

Wash weekly to every 10 days with Olaplex 4 or Carols Daughter Goddess Strength
Condition with Olaplex 5, Bondbar 8, or CD Goddess Strength
Leave-in Olaplex 6
Stylers: Lottabody, Mousse Def, CrazySexyCurl
Rollersets
Flexirod sets
Braid n'curls
Occassional blowout or flat iron
Starting pic:
1000001452.jpg

Rozlewis

I am so glad to see this thread. I am in the process of transitioning. I am 11 months post relaxer and it seems to be getting easier.

I am transitioning from relaxed hair. I am just trying to cut back on the use of chemicals.

I am not sure how long I will transition but probably until my natural hair gets to al length that I am comfortable with.

My hair is currently BSL

I would like my natural hair to get to shoulder length before chopping it off.

I was bi-weekly. I have a big stash so I am currently working down my stash. Currently using Cream of Nature shampoo and alternating between moisture and protein DC's.

I usually flat iron my hair so I wear it out for the first week and the second week I bun it.

Starting pic:

I don't take a lot of pictures but here is the latest one with my hair out. I am wearing the glasses.

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 13

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Im transitioning from a keratin treatment
For 2-3 years
Somewhere between SL and APL
WL
Scalp drops and braid spray alternating nights. Dry shampoo every 2 weeks. Redo every 6-8 weeks.
Mini braids or twists with or without extra hair
Starting pic:
No pics

currently 14 months post. Hair is becoming an after thought for me. Mini braids and twists have become my main look because I get a lot of styling options and have low maintenance

ckisland

@Napp I'm so happy to see you in here! You're already deep into your transition as well. I'm glad that you've found your go to styles. I'm at the beginning of my transition, and I'm still figuring styles out.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp I'm so happy to see you in here! You're already deep into your transition as well. I'm glad that you've found your go to styles. I'm at the beginning of my transition, and I'm still figuring styles out.
I mainly wore buns and ponytails at the beginning but after a while I realized my natural hair doesn’t like to be slicked down all of the time so I had to switch it up. After that I was floundering with styles until I got my hair braided with no extensions for a trip. I loved those braids but I like adding hair so I don’t have to redo them as frequently. It’s truly a process.

ckisland

Today was wash day and I did a traditional roller set.
Cleansed with Olaplex 4
DC'd for 30 mins with Bondbar 8
Leave-in with Olaplex 6
Used Olaplex 9 as a serum
I set my hair with gray rollers using the Lottabody foam mousse

My hair turned out okay. The left side turned out best and the back the worst (no surprise there). If I was going to flatiron, then my hair is definitely straight enough for that. I'm going to set my hair tonight with some flexi rods and hope that it comes out wearable :drunk:

1000001580.jpg1000001585.jpg1000001586.jpg

Last edited:

ckisland

I did 4 flexirods overnight, and it turned out really frizzy :confused: One thing I want to note about this wash day, is that rollersetting (the traditional way) is way too much manipulation. I lost so much hair trying to get my hair smooth on the rollers.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I did 4 flexirods overnight, and it turned out really frizzy :confused: One thing I want to note about this wash day, is that rollersetting (the traditional way) is way too much manipulation. I lost so much hair trying to get my hair smooth on the rollers.
Unless the hair is relaxed or is loosely curled it’s just not worth it imo.