Transitioning with buns...am I asking for trouble?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Right now I am 2 months post and I'd love to be able to transition this way. I am worried that it may cause damage. Can someone who has done this give me any advice? Right now, I can't get a PS to stay in my hair despite me being 2 months post relaxer.:rolleyes: I am an extension hater. My hair itches like crazy with them. I am trying not to use heat much because I am trying to incorporate healthy hair practices. I am shooting for a year or more transition.:superman:

Black Hoya Chick

not at all. i bun 99% of the time. just don't make them too tight, make sure not to pull on the edges, and if you can, avoid gel (ESPECIALLY on edges). if you must use gel, try aloe vera gel. every once in a while, do a twist out or braid out to let the edges relax. i've been bunning nonstop since like month 7-ish of my transition

nichole21

I think how you bun and what you use to hold the bun can make real difference. I wear my hair in a bun almost everyday and it has truly been a lifesaver, making my transition so much easier.

Whimsy

You totally can transition with a bun!!!
just be sure not to always put the bun in the same spot, and don't make it too tight.
Keep your hair moisturized and bunning will be a lifesaver.

I'm currently bunning and i've already BC'd but buns were great during my transition. You'll retain tons of length as your natural hair grows.

Good luck.

Also search the forum for "bunners" and/or "bunning" there were a few good threads with tons of bun info